DS Machine Dealers

hcarlow
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL 110

Post by hcarlow » Wed. Apr. 18, 2012 11:51 am

Is it just me not being able to find but a couple of out of state dealers for their stoves . I live in northern Maine and can not find any dealer locator for their products. I can just imagine shipping rates to deliver one stove too northern Me. . If someone could point me in the right direction to find a dealer near to my area it would much appreciated. Thanks

dh1200s
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL-110
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: HS-Tarm 202
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman TLC 2000

Post by dh1200s » Wed. Apr. 18, 2012 1:33 pm

Give DS Machine a call at 717-768-3853. I spoke to them a few minutes ago and asked for dealer inf. in Northern Maine. Best DS Machine could give me was that they have shipped to a business called Community Market @ 207-948-4174 in Unity, Maine. A quick Google of Unity, Main and I see there is an Amish community in that area.

As you said shipping cost may be a show stopper and it looks like Unity, Maine may be a bit of a trip south for you if the stove could be shipped at reasonable cost.

Good luck..........Dick

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Wed. Apr. 18, 2012 1:58 pm

Ft Kent, Maine--Valley Coal 207-834-5241---------Easton, Maine--Center Farm Coal 800-249-4483---these are Hitzer Dealers

rberq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300 with hopper
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Anthracite Nut
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators (fuel oil); propane

Post by rberq » Wed. Apr. 18, 2012 6:41 pm

hcarlow wrote:Is it just me not being able to find but a couple of out of state dealers for their stoves . I live in northern Maine and can not find any dealer locator for their products. I can just imagine shipping rates to deliver one stove too northern Me. . If someone could point me in the right direction to find a dealer near to my area it would much appreciated. Thanks
I recently bought a DSM 1300 circulator (which has not yet had its "coming out party" to all my friends on the forum). There are no dealers in Maine. There is a smattering of dealers on the Internet, but it is hard to get accurate information via the web sites. They show old model numbers, vague size measurements, and outright inaccuracies. Even the printed material I got directly from DSM was poor in terms of details and accuracy.

Anyhow, I ended up talking directly to DSM and ordering directly from them. They will be happy to quote you a shipping price. Shipping here to the Augusta area was about $250 -- not too bad, I thought. I was very explicit that the trucker needed to have a pallet jack and to roll it up my asphalt driveway and deposit it in my garage, and they arranged that with no problem. Delivery was pretty fast, in part because they had the stove in stock. I had them make one slight change, painting the mesh on the sides black instead of leaving it chrome. They charged me about $20 for the extra, not bad, though I told them it should cost LESS because they didn't have to chrome them. ;) Being Amish they are a bit old-fashioned about Internet and banking matters -- I had to mail a check, they had to wait for it to clear, then they shipped the stove.

P.S. Get it with the hopper -- I LOVE the hopper! :!:

CapeCoaler
Stoker Coal Boiler: want AA130
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine BS#4, Harman MKII, Hitzer 503,...
Coal Size/Type: Pea/Nut/Stove

Post by CapeCoaler » Wed. Apr. 18, 2012 10:11 pm

You have been 'DSM Outed'...
Deal direct with the shop in PA...
We made a trip of it and visited some friends in Quakertown...
I picked mine up and paid cash...
No discount but figured the out of state check might be a sticking point...
Super nice people...
You can mix and match parts to make the stove you want...
You gotta get the Hopper...
Best stove purchase so far...

hcarlow

Post by hcarlow » Fri. Apr. 20, 2012 12:55 pm

Thanks guys ,I was able to get a quote on a stove and shipping from one dealer out of three I contacted. The shipping to Northern Me. was $255 which I thought was a fair price .

CapeCoaler
Stoker Coal Boiler: want AA130
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine BS#4, Harman MKII, Hitzer 503,...
Coal Size/Type: Pea/Nut/Stove

Post by CapeCoaler » Fri. Apr. 20, 2012 1:01 pm

Who was able to give you the quote?...

hcarlow

Post by hcarlow » Fri. Apr. 20, 2012 5:02 pm

CapeCoaler wrote:Who was able to give you the quote?...
Gary @ Sons Falls Creek Pa. Man by the name of Tyler helped me out and was very nice in doing so. # is 1 800 922 7946

rberq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300 with hopper
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Anthracite Nut
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators (fuel oil); propane

Post by rberq » Fri. Apr. 20, 2012 7:42 pm

hcarlow wrote:Thanks guys ,I was able to get a quote on a stove and shipping from one dealer out of three I contacted. The shipping to Northern Me. was $255 which I thought was a fair price .
So ...... which one are you buying?

hcarlow

Post by hcarlow » Mon. Apr. 23, 2012 2:03 pm

rberq wrote:
hcarlow wrote:Thanks guys ,I was able to get a quote on a stove and shipping from one dealer out of three I contacted. The shipping to Northern Me. was $255 which I thought was a fair price .
So ...... which one are you buying?
I'm not sure yet , I sure do like the ds 1500 cirulator but also like the hitzer 50 93

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”