Harman 44 Magnum

Flyer5
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Post by Flyer5 » Tue. Nov. 20, 2007 4:58 am

Looking at one . Are they a typical Harman stoker system . They seem to be discontinued because I cannot get info from Harman Website . This one is 10yrs old .Thanks, Dave

ken

Post by ken » Tue. Nov. 20, 2007 3:19 pm

i have a S&W .44 magnum , with manual. :roll: sorry i'm no help.

coaledsweat
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by coaledsweat » Tue. Nov. 20, 2007 3:22 pm

ken wrote:i have a S&W .44 magnum , with manual. :roll: sorry i'm no help.
Don't try heating your home with it. :)

LsFarm
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Self-built 'Big Bertha' SS Boiler
Baseburners & Antiques: Keystone 11, Art Garland

Post by LsFarm » Tue. Nov. 20, 2007 5:43 pm

Hi Dave, get a photo or two, Matthaus can identify the stoker mechanism for you. Just don't let him know where it is located, you know he has enough stoves already!! :lol: :) :D :D

Greg L..

jpen1
Stoker Coal Boiler: LL110
Coal Size/Type: Rice/ Buck

Post by jpen1 » Tue. Nov. 20, 2007 8:41 pm

I looked at a 44 magnum about 7 years ago when I bought my Harman pellet stove. The stoker is based on the p61 pellet stove if I remenber correctly. It used an auger to feed the coal just like the pellet stove. I can't remember if they pushed the air up through the coal or used an exhaust blower like the pellet stove. I know it was a small stove probably only 50 or 60k btu's. I went to lokk at one when I bought my new stove and they were discontinued and I couldn't get a straight answer out of Harman why.

Flyer5

Post by Flyer5 » Wed. Nov. 21, 2007 6:39 am

jpen1 wrote:I looked at a 44 magnum about 7 years ago when I bought my Harman pellet stove. The stoker is based on the p61 pellet stove if I remenber correctly. It used an auger to feed the coal just like the pellet stove. I can't remember if they pushed the air up through the coal or used an exhaust blower like the pellet stove. I know it was a small stove probably only 50 or 60k btu's. I went to lokk at one when I bought my new stove and they were discontinued and I couldn't get a straight answer out of Harman why.
Thanks I was looking at one for a replacement to my propane fireplace . I havent actually gone down to see it yet its about 60 miles away and was working all weekend .I wonder how well the auger system will hold up ?The fact that they discontinued it makes me think not so well. Paid $3.10 / gal for propane thats it its going .I don't need much btus its just fot the upstars . I was looking for a pellet stove but saw this and thought about it .Dave

europachris

Post by europachris » Wed. Nov. 21, 2007 9:08 am

jpen1 wrote:I looked at a 44 magnum about 7 years ago when I bought my Harman pellet stove. The stoker is based on the p61 pellet stove if I remenber correctly. It used an auger to feed the coal just like the pellet stove. I can't remember if they pushed the air up through the coal or used an exhaust blower like the pellet stove. I know it was a small stove probably only 50 or 60k btu's. I went to lokk at one when I bought my new stove and they were discontinued and I couldn't get a straight answer out of Harman why.
I seem to recall looking at those on the Harman site many years ago when I was looking at pellet stoves. I remember it had some sort of an "ash-chopper" that was a series of serrated teeth over the coal bed that oscillated up and down to break up the ash so it would fall into the ash pan. I thought to myself that it wasn't going to last long sitting over a roaring coal fire.....

Flyer5

Post by Flyer5 » Wed. Nov. 21, 2007 9:43 pm

I decide to pass he wanted too much $$ for it . The lowest he would go was $700 . Plus to many possible issues for a discontinued stove .And with Harmans rep with customer service . Dave

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”