Feed Rate Setting With Coal-Trol and LL Pioneer

spc

Post by spc » Wed. Nov. 14, 2007 9:24 pm

I have a LL Pioneer. My temp is set for 68 degrees, the thermostat (ver. 2.021) reads 71 but the feed rate is at 50. It will go down eventually. My min is 6, max is 40 & hlf is 0. Is it normal for the feed rate to be so high when the house is already 3 degrees warmer than my set temp? Thanks.

pvolcko
Verified Business Rep.

Post by pvolcko » Thu. Nov. 15, 2007 9:49 pm

What you describe sounds like normal behavior for our control. As you said, the control will adjust that FR down and settle in on your 69 degree setpoint. This may take a couple hours, or more in some circumstances. It depends on the particulars of your installation, how large a setpoint change was made, or how large a temperature deficit needed to be made up after lighting the stove.

If you're unhappy with the setpoint change performance (from your post it isn't clear if you're simply asking a question or are displeased in some way) I suggest reading this post, Post by pvolcko - What Exactly is The HLF Setting On the Coal-trol Controlling?, and seeing if the ideas presented in there help address your concern. If they don't, let us know and I'll see if there's something else to try.

And as always, if you're having a problem with the control you can also call us at 315-299-3589. It's often easier to get to the particulars of an installation or a problem over the phone. :)

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”