LL110 Coal Usage

Matthaus

Post by Matthaus » Wed. Dec. 19, 2012 10:56 am

plumber wrote:snip... However, I'm puzzled on required maintenance of the stoker itself, what routine should I follow there?
The grate needs to be removed once a year and the fines vacuumed out, be sure and place the gasket back in place if it falls off when you remove the grate. A little RTV can hold it in place, just be sure the gasket doesn't interfere with the feeder carpet by sticking up too much. The combustion fan has oil holes for a couple drops of 30W (one is under the electrical junction box). Also remove the feeder carpet and clean under it, while the feeder is removed you can inspect it to make sure everything looks good. All of this is in the manual but we need to have some videos to help make it easier, that is in work.

Thanks again for your feedback

In answer to the question on coal usage it becomes a simple math problem, coal is ~ 13,000 but per #, if it is 8% ash it will take less to produce the same heat as coal having 18% ash, the fact that you turned your feed rate down indicates that the coal burned slower and there fore needed a slower feed rate as not to send it off the grate while still burning.

kstills
Stoker Coal Boiler: WL 110

Post by kstills » Wed. Jan. 02, 2013 10:20 am

Ok, based on this thread, I took apart my grate this weekend and found it full of fines.

So, another thing to add to the October to do list. :)

Question, is there supposed to be a gasket between the grate and the box underneath it where the fines collect?

And plumber, if you wouldn't mind, could you explain why you would set your LL down to 110? I'm guessing in order to run the boiler more efficiently by running it longer, but that's just a guess.

jpen1
Stoker Coal Boiler: LL110
Coal Size/Type: Rice/ Buck

Post by jpen1 » Thu. Jan. 03, 2013 10:02 pm

The only gasket is located on the rear of the grate.

Flyer5
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Post by Flyer5 » Thu. Jan. 03, 2013 10:50 pm

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”