A Coal stoker furnace or stove controls most operations including automatically feeding the coal. They are quite similar to any conventional oil and gas units and easily operated for extended periods of time. They commonly use rice coal but may use larger sizes like buckwheat. They can be used as primary heat, supplementary heat or have a dual set up with your existing oil/gas furnace.
- Posts: 211
- Joined: Tue. Feb. 07, 2012 11:10 pm
- Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson S260
- Hand Fed Coal Boiler: #45 BAD HWH
- Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk1
- Coal Size/Type: Anthracite, Pea Coal
- Other Heating: POS gas boiler
- Location: Transylvania
Whoa, those are some great pictures. Hopefully I can attend the next event.