Monster Boilers & Beer Anyone?

steamup
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman-Anderson AA-130, Keystoker K-6
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: HS Tarm 502 Wood/Coal/Oil
Coal Size/Type: pea, buck, rice

Post by steamup » Thu. Dec. 15, 2011 8:21 am

Looks like a good learning and fun opportunity.

Unfortunately January is booked for me between work and planning to go to my son graduation from his basic and advanced individual training for the Army National Guard Reserve at Fort Leonard Wood, Mo.

Maybe next time.

MATTHEW D.

Post by MATTHEW D. » Thu. Dec. 15, 2011 8:32 am

whistlenut wrote:Smitty, I'll pick you up and the only penalty will be a 5 hr ride...8 for me. You need to get out of 'Dodge', and we can make the rounds in NEPA. I like 84 to 81, and stay off the coastal route. Peaceful, and NO stress!!!

8 tons a day......sounds like job security for life to me. Matt, isn't there talk of a certain local brewery expanding to our area also? Can we get into the power plants for a "look=see"?
We need 'short bus' to fly down, and then we can have a 'short bus' to ride in, driven by a fellow member called "Short Bus". A guy 'formerly known as Stoker Scott' would probably love to get in on this trip,
if he doesn't have commitments in Bellows Falls VT. :idea: :shock: :?: :!:
Can't u get Yuengling in ur neck of the woods? Power Plants? Obama will have all them shut down by then :lol:

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Thu. Dec. 15, 2011 8:42 am

Perhaps a tree hours drive would be OK. oogle, oogle, gotta get me one. Of course, I have no possible use for it - still.

RAYJAY
Stoker Coal Boiler: VAN WERT - 600 VA HOT WATER
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: HARMAN- MAGUM STOKER
Coal Size/Type: BUCKWHEAT ON BOTH
Other Heating: NG BOILER

Post by RAYJAY » Thu. Dec. 15, 2011 11:55 pm

ANY DATES ON THIS MEET YET ??

I'm On Fire
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machines DS-1600 Hot Air Circulator

Post by I'm On Fire » Sat. Dec. 17, 2011 8:32 am

I want to say yes, but it depends on the day.

MATTHEW D.

Post by MATTHEW D. » Sat. Dec. 17, 2011 10:31 am

It's looking to be on Friday January 27th. I'm still waiting to hear back from one location( the big hurst boiler, last pic shown). We will meet at the Dunkin Donuts on Rt 61 in Pottsville Pa 17901 at 10am . As of now I have 3 boilers lined up, hope to have a 4th. That's enough sight seeing for the day . Then for some brews at a local Tavern to discuss the days events. :cheers: Contact me if you like to join us.

I'm On Fire

Post by I'm On Fire » Sat. Dec. 17, 2011 12:52 pm

I have some questions. Since it's on a weekday I'd have to take off work. Not an issue but my wife would also like to come. Which means that we'd have to leave at around 5am. Finding a babysitter for us is next to impossible so, we'd have to bring the kids. My step-son is 12 and my daughter will be nearly 2. Would we be able to bring the kids? It may be a very good learning experience for the 12 year old. We wouldn't necessarily have to go to the bar so that wouldn't be a problem for us. If this is an adults only thing then unfortunately I'm not going to be able to come. :(

MATTHEW D.

Post by MATTHEW D. » Sat. Dec. 17, 2011 1:26 pm

I'm On Fire wrote:I have some questions. Since it's on a weekday I'd have to take off work. Not an issue but my wife would also like to come. Which means that we'd have to leave at around 5am. Finding a babysitter for us is next to impossible so, we'd have to bring the kids. My step-son is 12 and my daughter will be nearly 2. Would we be able to bring the kids? It may be a very good learning experience for the 12 year old. We wouldn't necessarily have to go to the bar so that wouldn't be a problem for us. If this is an adults only thing then unfortunately I'm not going to be able to come. :(
I understand how difficult it is to find a babysitter. My wife and I end up taking our kids everywhere for the same reason. Bring the entire family. As for ending the day at a Tavern, both places I have picked out are very kid friendly and have excellent food :up:

I'm On Fire

Post by I'm On Fire » Sat. Dec. 17, 2011 2:39 pm

MATTHEW D. wrote:
I'm On Fire wrote:I have some questions. Since it's on a weekday I'd have to take off work. Not an issue but my wife would also like to come. Which means that we'd have to leave at around 5am. Finding a babysitter for us is next to impossible so, we'd have to bring the kids. My step-son is 12 and my daughter will be nearly 2. Would we be able to bring the kids? It may be a very good learning experience for the 12 year old. We wouldn't necessarily have to go to the bar so that wouldn't be a problem for us. If this is an adults only thing then unfortunately I'm not going to be able to come. :(
I understand how difficult it is to find a babysitter. My wife and I end up taking our kids everywhere for the same reason. Bring the entire family. As for ending the day at a Tavern, both places I have picked out are very kid friendly and have excellent food :up:
Awesome! Then put us on the docket to join in the festivities!

MATTHEW D.

Post by MATTHEW D. » Sat. Dec. 17, 2011 4:06 pm

Will do. Glad you can make it.

I'm On Fire

Post by I'm On Fire » Mon. Jan. 02, 2012 6:31 pm

Matt, just wondering if this is still on? Noticed this thread died. I'm requesting off tomorrow.

ValterBorges

Post by ValterBorges » Mon. Jan. 02, 2012 6:44 pm

steamup wrote:Looks like a good learning and fun opportunity.

Unfortunately January is booked for me between work and planning to go to my son graduation from his basic and advanced individual training for the Army National Guard Reserve at Fort Leonard Wood, Mo.

Maybe next time.
Good ole Fort Lost in the woods. Whats his MOS? CE?MP?

steamup
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman-Anderson AA-130, Keystoker K-6
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: HS Tarm 502 Wood/Coal/Oil
Coal Size/Type: pea, buck, rice

Post by steamup » Tue. Jan. 03, 2012 7:47 am

ValterBorges wrote:
steamup wrote:Looks like a good learning and fun opportunity.

Maybe next time.
Good ole Fort Lost in the woods. Whats his MOS? CE?MP?
MP, graduates 1/19/12. He likes it so far.

His older brother is a Marine Reservist who's 6 years is up. He plans to re-up in the Navy as a corpsman.

MATTHEW D.

Post by MATTHEW D. » Tue. Jan. 03, 2012 3:06 pm

I'm On Fire wrote:Matt, just wondering if this is still on? Noticed this thread died. I'm requesting off tomorrow.
Yeah it's still on. Now that the holidays are over I'll put more time into it. I'll double check with the locations to see if it is ok to get in on Jan 27th. Let me know who is in?

SMITTY
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 Highboy
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Post by SMITTY » Tue. Jan. 03, 2012 6:51 pm

Beer! :woot:

Oh ................... DAMMIT!! I've been down this road before ... :cry2:

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”