Any Experience With Keystoker Warm Air Furnace?

A Coal stoker furnace or stove controls most operations including automatically feeding the coal. They are quite similar to any conventional oil and gas units and easily operated for extended periods of time. They commonly use rice coal but may use larger sizes like buckwheat. They can be used as primary heat, supplementary heat or have a dual set up with your existing oil/gas furnace.
Greyhound
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 105
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Lenox Oil HA, Heat Pump

Post Tue. Oct. 30, 2007 12:25 am

I am looking specifically at an older A70 model, which I would assume would be comparable to their current A80.

Any thoughts, pro or con?

Thanks!

Matthaus
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110 Dual Fuel, natural gas
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Lil' Heater (rental house)
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Buckwheat Anthracite

Post Tue. Oct. 30, 2007 7:05 am

I am getting ready to use an older model A90 that I bought on ebay. From what I can tell it is probably identical except for Grate size to the unit you are looking at. From what I can see it is a great unit with the traditional Keystoker aluminium pusher block and fan limit/timer type controls.

Since Keystoker is great about supplying parts I would say it is probably a good idea as long as it is not too far gone and is less than $700. :)

I have it disassembled for cleaning right now, so I can post some pics to see if it is the same as the unit you are looking at.
Matthaus
Leisure Line Stove Company
http://www.leisurelinestoves.com/

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”