Coal Burning Has Begun for 2007

CoalHeat
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1959 EFM 350
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Magnafire Mark I
Baseburners & Antiques: Sears Signal Oak 15 & Andes Kitchen Range
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Chestnut
Other Heating: Fisher Fireplace Insert

Post by CoalHeat » Fri. Oct. 12, 2007 8:48 pm

I arrived home from South Jersey around 7:30 this evening and fired the Harman. Have a nice little fire going now. I don't think I'll need to run the fan, just enough to keep the place cozy.

:)

jpen1
Stoker Coal Boiler: LL110
Coal Size/Type: Rice/ Buck

Post by jpen1 » Fri. Oct. 12, 2007 8:56 pm

Fired up the stove about an hour ago alredy 39* outside here. Just a reminder to those who oiled the inside of there stove. Get a fan or to ready before you light it up and open a few windows. It may smoke after it heats up for a few minuts, atleast enough to set off all the smoke alarms. The good lps TKX I used seeped out around the hinges and put off a fair amount of smoke but not near the amount of smoke you get with the paint curing on a new or refurbished stove.

cheapheat

Post by cheapheat » Fri. Oct. 12, 2007 8:57 pm

Ive got my Channing 3 running in the background right now. The direct vent isnt quite loud enough to drown out the screaming 16 month old in the living room but the house is a nice 75 right now compared to high 50 this morning. I personally would have held out longer but my wife insists because of the baby. I had to call the dealer where I purchased the stove this morning because I didnt want to mix up all the plugs on the back of the stove. Once again they helped me out without any call backs or exuses. Their customer service has been incredible since I first bought the stove. The company name if your interested is "Holden Coal" formerly known as "Kokes Coal and Stove" they are the best around CNY. Happy burning everyone sweet dreams Ron54 Jim

coalkirk
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1981 EFM DF520 retired
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Jotul 507 on standby
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh anthracite/rice coal

Post by coalkirk » Fri. Oct. 12, 2007 9:26 pm

Fired my boiler up at 5:30 this evening. It's supposed to get down to the upper 30's, low 40's tonight. It took about 90 minutes for all of the water in the system to get hot.
This year flew by and it's really hard to believe I'm burning coal already again. This is th earliest I've ever fired it up.

CoalHeat

Post by CoalHeat » Fri. Oct. 12, 2007 9:44 pm

I wonder if there's a Big Oil Conglomerate or a Gas Heating Forum somewhere where everyone is posting to say they turned up their thermostats for the first time this fall?

coaledsweat
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by coaledsweat » Sat. Oct. 13, 2007 8:59 am

Wood'nCoal wrote:I wonder if there's a Big Oil Conglomerate or a Gas Heating Forum somewhere where everyone is posting to say they turned up their thermostats for the first time this fall?
Maybe in Saudi Arabia.

CoalHeat

Post by CoalHeat » Sat. Oct. 13, 2007 3:32 pm

Maybe.

e.alleg

Post by e.alleg » Sat. Oct. 13, 2007 11:14 pm

ahh heat

Attachments

DSCN5847.JPG
.JPG | 51.6KB | DSCN5847.JPG

Matthaus

Post by Matthaus » Sat. Oct. 13, 2007 11:45 pm

After hanging around the Liesure Line store this afternoon and talking coal and watching the stoves.... got home it was 59 in the house and 38 outside.

I had been resisting the temptation to light the stoker... ahhh what the heck...
after a short search for a bag of left over coal and the match lite I was in business, one hour later the house was 66 and the area around the stove was toasty.... guess I'll have to pull up a chair and watch the blue ladies dance for a bit

watkinsdr
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S260 Boiler

Post by watkinsdr » Sun. Oct. 14, 2007 1:07 am

Friday morning 10/12, approx. 40 degrees outside, admittedly cool inside the house, and the wife was burning propane---again. It's time to crank up the Koker. Since this is my first year with coal, I waited until getting home from work to start the system---I'm assuming for the season, unless we get a couple of weeks of "Indian summer..."

I loaded the system up with 6 bags of NE Pennsylvania's finest. Torched off a mouse and blue flames were dancing within minutes; with, 160K btus of cheap heat blasting out. Woke up to a toasty warm house Saturday morning---actually a little too warm. Guess I need to turn that thermostat down a bit before my wife turns on the A/C! :lol:

I've got 8.4 tons of rice, a powerful Keystoker Koker furnace, and a propane delivery man who needs to sign up for unemployment. Now that's a beautiful thing. :twisted:

Duengeon master
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark III
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite pea and nut mix. Bituminous lump

Post by Duengeon master » Sun. Oct. 14, 2007 9:03 am

I'm glad to see that the check I sent out to Al Gore to stop global warming finally cleared. :roll: It's 38.7 at my house this morning. My coal chubby is working perfectly with the quality glass from last springs buisness meeting :occasion5: Thanks J.C. It's a cosy 80 degrees in here and no sound from the oil burner! 8) Wait I can hear a faint sound of Hugo Chavez Complaining about it with his new friend Adolph Akmadidigad. boo hoo!!!

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF

Post by coal berner » Sun. Oct. 14, 2007 2:53 pm

Hey D.M. you are wellcome And Remember when you need more Drop

me a PM or Give a ring Keep warm :twisted:

gaw
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Post by gaw » Sun. Oct. 14, 2007 4:20 pm

I had to turn the thermostat up the last few days to satisfy the wife. First use of the circulator pump for the 07-08 season, but this is a good test to make sure everything is working OK. The days of tending the boiler once a week will soon be over.

mozz
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 1982 AA-130 Steam

Post by mozz » Sun. Oct. 14, 2007 7:26 pm

Was 35 this morning in Wayne county, the install was set for this morning so I am up and running.[/img]

Attachments

DCP03244.jpg
.JPG | 251KB | DCP03244.jpg

CoalHeat

Post by CoalHeat » Sun. Oct. 14, 2007 7:45 pm

Nice! Looks like an old house..is it?

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”