Keystoker A80 Warmair Furnace

canadianexpat

Post by canadianexpat » Wed. Mar. 09, 2011 10:49 am

Need to know what people think of this furnace for reliability over a cof22 marathon logwood furnace. both are mulitfuel, have an oil gun, cof22 is a manual feed &
the keystoker is a power feed.which of the two i9s better.7 relaible as in years of service expected.

Thank you.

international86
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker A-80
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Oil hot air

Post by international86 » Fri. Mar. 18, 2011 6:32 pm

I bought an A-80 last spring. It was delivered in August, and I got it installed by October. I took a wild guess and bought 4 ton Reading rice from a local dealer. I've read on this site that Reading isn't the best coal, so I'm going to see if I can get some Blaschak for next winter--I may well burn less as a result; we'll see. I've got about 15 bags of the last ton left--just about where I thought I'd be. My house is mostly well-insulated, about 1,000 +/- sf, and I live in the Adirondacks of NY. Our coldest temp this past winter was -29. Normal consumption is a 50 lb. bag a day. In real cold weather, every other day I use an extra bag. I'm sold on my A-80 and am so glad I didn't have to pay the price of oil this past winter. I burned wood for years, and the fact that I can fill the hopper in the morning and if need be, leave it for a couple days before re-filling, is great. I'm away at work all day, and don't get back home at night until 7-8 PM, so long burn times are important to me. With wood, every two hours the furnace would need a re-fill; oftener in real cold weather. I could only burn it if the temp was below about 25, as otherwise, the heat would drive me out and the chimney would fill with creosote. The work load is greatly reduced with coal as well. No more bugs, creosote, smoke, woodchips, hauling wood every weekend, and best of all, when I feel chilly, no need to put on a sweater anymore--just turn up the 'stat! Believe me when I say the A-80 is built to last! The firebox and heat exchager steel is double the thickness of the wood furnace we used for 30 winters. It should outlive me!

canadianexpat

Post by canadianexpat » Sat. Mar. 19, 2011 12:05 pm

did you order yor A80 with an oil gun? and how long was delivery time from factory, ? any problems on install,also how does it compare to a marathon logwood that you can burnm wood, coal or use an oil burner on it, if your famailiar with the marathon, how does the construction compare aswell, how long has your hopper of pulverized coal lasted, I live in same general area as you. am looking seriously at this model of keystoker furnace, but like having the option of wood & coal & the oil gun.

international86

Post by international86 » Thu. Sep. 01, 2011 11:32 pm

Sorry to be so long in replying, but I haven't been thinking about heat too much lately. Now that it's September, I am, so checked in to see what was going on. I normally use a little more than a 50 lb. bag a day. Two bags in really cold weather. The A-80 is VERY well-made. The heat exchanger steel is double the thickness of my old Yukon Klondike wood furnace, and we used it for 30 years. I didn't buy the oil burner option. I thought about it, but decided that I wanted to be able to have my oil furnace start automatically should the coal fire go out. This isn't possible using the oil gun attachment. You won't go wrong with a Keystoker!

international86

Post by international86 » Thu. Sep. 01, 2011 11:33 pm

BTW, it only took about 2-weeks for delivery from the factory to my dealer.

william shaver
Stoker Coal Boiler: none
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: none
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: none
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: none
Hand Fed Coal Stove: a floydwells queen ben
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: logwood
Baseburners & Antiques: aladin lamps
Coal Size/Type: nut
Other Heating: oil and geo therm

Post by william shaver » Fri. Sep. 07, 2018 8:23 am

yes, soory for the delay a s now looking at replacement for an older logwood cof 22... wonder does the keystoker have an oil burner in same combustion chamber like the logwood.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”