Took It up Tonight

Uglysquirrel

Post by Uglysquirrel » Fri. Dec. 03, 2010 9:17 pm

Well its friday night and with the Poke cruising at 12 max and 30 fan speed all week, she was getting a little lazy. So pushed the little buttons up to 36 max, 90 fan and wow,the heat pouring off this beast is amazing and mine is"only" a 90K and I could have pushed it to 44 or so. I reaaly believe that the Poke's asset is the increased vertical surface area the air can pass by. I'm of some opinion that the base design could be modified slightly to add more fins or add surface roughness for more heat transfer though this would create a bigger delta P between the fan exits and air exhaust at the stove's top frt. This would likley have to be done during the manufacturing process and these welds to hold these fins on would likley crack and in the end it would not be worth it cause that is why a leisure line is a leisure line....

Now I'm thinkin about doing a youtube video !!!

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Sat. Dec. 04, 2010 7:11 am

My Hyfire is still only running 1 burner (90K), but the FR was about 65+ last night and not quite keeping up, I will be lighting the second burner, since it's supposed to get down into the Teens and 20's the rest of the week....

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Sat. Dec. 04, 2010 7:35 am

Ugly,

I know the feeling. During the autumn I felt that the Poco was not really putting out but it sure settles in as the air gets colder and denser. I keep about 5000ft heated (more or less) and now I have to push things a bit now and WOW. UP to 32 max so far and so far keeping up and that is a miracle for me. The bigger box is more efficient at putting out the heat (not a surprise). A permanent Dwyer install is making me more efficient. I'll be watching u tube. I am now wondering about an external coil and making steam for humidity. Opinions?? Also thinking about DHW but there is just the two of us. So say a hyfire with DHW coil inside must make WAY more hot water than I would need. Don't like the posts about hycoil rusting. Perhaps a cute little stove dedicated to the job would be better.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”