Fresh Air Intake

rt42

Post by rt42 » Thu. Nov. 04, 2010 6:12 pm

Hello all,
I am considering getting a Leisure Line Econo 1 stove. I need to put in an outside fresh air intake for the combustion. Is there a maximum length that the pipe can run? And do any of the fittings take up on this number? I would like to run it all the way down the house and out the back end so that it doesn't stick out to much. Also is there a proper way to connect the air intake on the stove itself? I know they recommend three inch plastic pipe but what is the best way to hook it up? Thanks for all of the help.

smith10210

Post by smith10210 » Thu. Nov. 04, 2010 6:35 pm

I did it to my pioneer with 3" pvc I actually saw no difference with using it and actually have it discontented at the moment. I think it actually restricted airflow to the fire a bit as you could see the flame increase with it off a little. Maybe 4" would be the way to go for less restriction.

smith10210

Post by smith10210 » Thu. Nov. 04, 2010 6:40 pm

I did it to my pioneer with 3" pvc I actually saw no difference with using it and actually have it discontented at the moment. I think it actually restricted airflow to the fire a bit as you could see the flame increase with it off a little. Maybe 4" would be the way to go for less restriction.

Heres some pics of mine I used a 3" pvc ring and just used the existing screws on the combustion fan to mount it. You can get the ring at lowes/home depot.
Finished My Project

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”