Fresh Air Intake

A Coal stoker furnace or stove controls most operations including automatically feeding the coal. They are quite similar to any conventional oil and gas units and easily operated for extended periods of time. They commonly use rice coal but may use larger sizes like buckwheat. They can be used as primary heat, supplementary heat or have a dual set up with your existing oil/gas furnace.
rt42

Post Thu. Nov. 04, 2010 6:12 pm

Hello all,
I am considering getting a Leisure Line Econo 1 stove. I need to put in an outside fresh air intake for the combustion. Is there a maximum length that the pipe can run? And do any of the fittings take up on this number? I would like to run it all the way down the house and out the back end so that it doesn't stick out to much. Also is there a proper way to connect the air intake on the stove itself? I know they recommend three inch plastic pipe but what is the best way to hook it up? Thanks for all of the help.

smith10210
Stove/Furnace Make: Hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: 50-93

Post Thu. Nov. 04, 2010 6:35 pm

I did it to my pioneer with 3" pvc I actually saw no difference with using it and actually have it discontented at the moment. I think it actually restricted airflow to the fire a bit as you could see the flame increase with it off a little. Maybe 4" would be the way to go for less restriction.

smith10210
Stove/Furnace Make: Hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: 50-93

Post Thu. Nov. 04, 2010 6:40 pm

I did it to my pioneer with 3" pvc I actually saw no difference with using it and actually have it discontented at the moment. I think it actually restricted airflow to the fire a bit as you could see the flame increase with it off a little. Maybe 4" would be the way to go for less restriction.

Heres some pics of mine I used a 3" pvc ring and just used the existing screws on the combustion fan to mount it. You can get the ring at lowes/home depot.
Finished My Project

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”