Lil' Heater

coney09

Post by coney09 » Wed. Oct. 20, 2010 3:24 pm

I recently purchased a lil' heater to supplement the costly oil heat that I have in my home. Based on this stove's performance thus far, I don't think the oil furnace will kick on all winter. Leisure Line should rename this stove to the Pocket Hercules stove!

This morning in Northern Wayne county PA I awoke to a house that was a comfortable 73F when the outdoor temperature was 30F(the coal-trol feed rate was set on 0 and the blower wasn't even on). To facilitate heat distribution, I had 2 floor registers cut into the floor in my main living area. These registers are connected to 4inch, R6 insulated ducts connected to the top blower of the stove. All of the duct work, boots, floor registers/grills,stove pipe,etc.were purchased at either Home Depot or at a local hardware store with a total cost of under 100$

I have to say that I'm very satisfied with this product and I know I made a wise decision with this purchase! I plan to save a substantial amount of money this winter and who doesn't like saving money...especially in this economy! I will post more comments and put pictures of my stove up in the future.

SMITTY
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 Highboy
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Post by SMITTY » Wed. Oct. 20, 2010 11:57 pm

Another satisfied Leisure Line customer. :verycool:

Oh, & we love pics here! :D

poconoman

Post by poconoman » Thu. Oct. 28, 2010 9:50 am

Pics or it didn't happen. 8-)

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”