Hyfire II Decision

WARM AS TOAST
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Andersen AA130-M

Post by WARM AS TOAST » Thu. Feb. 10, 2011 4:37 pm

Hi Theo,
I have a HyFire I for quite a few years. I bought it new. I heated my garage beneath my house. 34 X 40 cement block building with 3 10 X 10 overhead doors. That kept the garage at 65* without struggling. I have since put a new AA-130 in and tied it into the existing radiation in the house and garage. I gave the Hy-Fire to my son. He is heating a 40 X 40 garage with 15' high ceilings. Three overhead doors. One door is 10 X 12 with the other two probably 8 X 8. The building is wood frame. It is insulated and the walls are covered with drywall or flake board. This unit has one small grate and a large grate, unlike the Hy-Fire II which has two large grates. This unit has been keeping the garage at an even 65* to 70* and it is not running wide open. It is a great stoker. I had very little trouble with it. Parts are readily available as is help from the factory. I bought mine from Jerry who was the original owner. He was great. Dave and Matt have continued the great service and quality products. Yo won't go wrong with LL. My son is also planning to purchase the new little stoker they came out with for a basement room in his house. Lots of luck.

Al

theo

Post by theo » Fri. Feb. 11, 2011 3:50 pm

Thank you Warm As Toast for the response! I bought the Hyfire and if everything go's good i'll be bringing her home sat. I'll have to check it out when I get her home,, will use it next heat season. I'll let you know what I think. It's in Smethport PA,, A little way's from me ( 16157 ) Me and the better half will make a day of it. Any good places to eat at that way? :clap: :clap: :clap: This is better than hitting the Lottery!!

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”