Leisure Line Hyfire I

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Wed. Feb. 14, 2007 7:24 pm

Neil or paul,
I have the CoalTrol and will be hooking up the Hyfire I. Dual Burner.

ON the unit I just aquired, Hyfire I, the Stoker motors are wired to the combustion blowers, should I separate them into separate plugs and then hook them in separately into the Black Box via a 2 way plug for each set and I will also put switch(es) on the 2nd burner to stop the stoker/combustion blower when not in use.

Thanks!

ewcsretired

Post by ewcsretired » Wed. Feb. 14, 2007 8:04 pm

WNY,
Heres what I did on my Hyfire 2. I seperated the stoker (feed) and the combustion motors. I than ran the two stokers and the two combustion motors in to seperate dual electrical boxes that I attached to the back side of the hopper. I than used two switches per outlet box and ran one lead to the controller for the stoker and one for the combustion motors. This way I could switch on or off either side, when not in use or if I had trouble with either sides motors.
Your way will work fine, I just did mine this way so the wife would be able to manage the system without plugging in or unplugging if I was out of town. I wrote a procedure for her to follow to light off the system. Actually, she has used it twice since I have been out of town, we loose power frequently where I live.

pvolcko
Verified Business Rep.

Post by pvolcko » Thu. Feb. 15, 2007 12:52 am

WNY, both your's and ewcsretired's methods would work fine. Good luck. Looking forward to reading about the results.

WNY

Post by WNY » Thu. Feb. 15, 2007 8:29 am

Thanks guys!

Yes, that is exactly what I wanted to do. I will switch both sides, so I can pick which one or both to use.

Thanks, will let you know once I get things rewired and hooked up. Might be a little while.

Need to go out and shovel the snow off the roof! We got a bit of snow in the past couple days (10-12+").

ewcsretired - Do you have a wiring diagram or picture of how you re-wired yours? I kinda have an idea and can probably figure it out.

ewcsretired

Post by ewcsretired » Thu. Feb. 15, 2007 8:57 pm

WNY,
I don't have a picture but I will attempt to describe, as you have already stated you need to seperate the combustion and stoker lines, do not put plugs on them if you are going to wire them into electrical boxes.

Make sure the power is off of course.

Obtain two electrical cords with plug on one end that will be plugged in to the controller for combustion and the other for the stoker (feed).

Run one cord into a duel electrical box and attach the black wire to (on most single pole switches) the lower right terminal screw of one of the switches
Make a short jumper wire and connect this wire to the other switch, again lower right screw. This will provide power from the controller to both switches.
Run the electrical cord from one of the combustion motors into the electrical box.
Connect the black wire from this cord to the top right screw on the switch.
Run the electrical cord from the other combustion motor into the electrical box.
Connect the black wire from this cord to the top right screw of the other switch.
Connect all three white wires together with a wire nut
Connect all three ground wires together.

Do the identical process for the stoker motors in another electrical box.

Obviously maintain switch orientation, in other words if the left switch in the first box controls the left combustion motor, the left switch in the second box should control the stoker motor.

Hope I got this right, I am doing this from memory as my butts in florida and my stove is in PA.

WNY

Post by WNY » Fri. Feb. 16, 2007 8:45 am

Yes, that is what I was going to do is very similiar.

I am actually going to put plugs on all the cords (easier to plug into CoalTrol) and then wire a couple of boxes with 2 switches and 1 outlet. The Outlet will have the Tabs broken off so I can control each outlet separately with each switch.

Will do a wiring diagram and pics once I have it laid out on paper and buy some items.

Thanks!! :)

WNY

Post by WNY » Fri. Feb. 16, 2007 10:38 am

I think I got it, Just had put it on paper...

This should work for both Stoker and Combustion blowers, then you can have individual controls for either or both. If you want to shut one or the other on/off.

I will build 2 boxes identical and mount on the back of the stove and plug everything into them, then into the CoalTrol box. :)

Thanks. Pics to follow.

Attachments

wiring.jpg
.JPG | 52.4KB | wiring.jpg

WNY

Post by WNY » Sun. Feb. 18, 2007 9:06 am

Here is one of my finished Switch boxes for the Stoker units, I will build another one for the combustion blowers, to control either or both units separately. I had a bunch of old computer power cords that work great.

One Switch control one outlet. Total cost around $15 for both boxes.

The two switch boxes will be hooked into the CoalTrol box so it can control the stokers/blower independant & automatically.

Attachments

Switch_box.jpg
.JPG | 80.2KB | Switch_box.jpg

ewcsretired

Post by ewcsretired » Sun. Feb. 18, 2007 1:14 pm

WNY,

You will really appreciate having the controlson switches. I used computer electrical cords as well, had a ton of them around and they are fairly heavy cords, more than enough for this project.

Are you making your own jacket or purchasing one? What size output will you have and how many? I have yet to install the jacket, that is my next endeavor.

WNY

Post by WNY » Sun. Feb. 18, 2007 3:25 pm

Got the second one completed.

Going to make my own bonnett and try it with the 2 convection fans. It is a 130K BTU with both burners. If not, I may put an inline 10-12"? fan and disconnect the blowers...not sure as of yet. Will keep you informed

ewcsretired

Post by ewcsretired » Sun. Feb. 18, 2007 4:36 pm

If you havent seen it on other topics, these in line fans are rated at max temp of 256 degrees.

**Broken Link(s) Removed**

WNY

Post by WNY » Sun. Feb. 18, 2007 5:33 pm

Yes, I orginally posted that site way back when I put my 8" duct fan inline with my system on my current Keystoker....Thanks!! :)

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”