Bad Choice

rico

Post by rico » Mon. Jan. 25, 2010 5:18 pm

just wanted to say I bought a leisure line pioneer coal stove on 1/1/2010 usued it for 5 days,had a problem with the stove,told him the problem I was having and he diagnosed it as the control module,waited 5 days for the part to come in and it wasnt the problem,it was the auger to feed the coal,he called and ordered it waited 7 days for the part only for him to tell me the part was never shipped from the company , I was told they are in the process of streamlining the company to make it better ..now I am waiting, still no part...i have had a brand new stove for 4 weeks and could only use it for 5 days,( hard earned money well spent)i have heard alot of good things about these stoves but that was reputation was built with the original owners..if the new owners cant run a business better then they are now you wont be in business long...hope to have my stove up and running before next winter comes....thanks...rico

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Mon. Jan. 25, 2010 5:22 pm

Did you go right directly thru Leisure LIne Stoves OR a local stove store that handles the line?

I know the previous and new owners would bend over backwards for parts, service, etc..I have never had a problem with them, if I needed a part, and they ship it the same day or next day....(of course my stove is 10+ years old, so not under warranty).

Customer Service at Its Extreme Finest.

tsb
Stoker Coal Boiler: Binford 2000
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Pioneer top vent
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II
Baseburners & Antiques: Grander Golden Oak , Glenwood # 6
Coal Size/Type: All of them

Post by tsb » Mon. Jan. 25, 2010 5:43 pm

A Leisure Line stove does not have an auger.
Please post a picture of this stove.

no74falcon
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: 2) Leisure Line Pioneers, 1) Keystoker
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: 1) Hitzer 82FA, 1) Newmac WG100

Post by no74falcon » Mon. Jan. 25, 2010 5:46 pm

rico wrote:just wanted to say I bought a leisure line pioneer coal stove on 1/1/2010 usued it for 5 days,had a problem with the stove,told him the problem I was having and he diagnosed it as the control module,waited 5 days for the part to come in and it wasnt the problem,it was the auger to feed the coal,he called and ordered it waited 7 days for the part only for him to tell me the part was never shipped from the company , I was told they are in the process of streamlining the company to make it better ..now I am waiting, still no part...i have had a brand new stove for 4 weeks and could only use it for 5 days,( hard earned money well spent)i have heard alot of good things about these stoves but that was reputation was built with the original owners..if the new owners cant run a business better then they are now you wont be in business long...hope to have my stove up and running before next winter comes....thanks...rico
Congratulations on your very first post. You must have have joined for the sake of showing your displeasure and true personality. I have been in the retail business for 22 years and I learned that when I had to deal with a customer of your nature, it was just easier to tell them I was sorry, give them a complete refund, tell them they would probably be much happier with another brand of the same product from a different store, apologize again, and give them a nice gesture as they exited the store.

Hope things work out for you.

whistlenut
Stoker Coal Boiler: AA130's,260's, AHS130&260's,EFM900,GJ & V-Wert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Franks,Itasca 415,Jensen, NYer 130,Van Wert
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska, EFM, Keystoker, Yellow Flame
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska, Keystoker-2,Leisure Line
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska, Gibraltar, Keystone,Vc Vigilant 2
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Ford, Jensen, NYer, Van Wert,
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwoods
Coal Size/Type: Barley, Buck, Rice ,Nut, Stove
Other Heating: Oil HWBB

Post by whistlenut » Mon. Jan. 25, 2010 5:49 pm

Matt or Dave will make this right for you. Ask for them specifically if you can't get any satisfaction. They would probably deliver the item personally if you were without heat. If this is through a dealer, I'd still be talking to Matt or Dave. The 'buck' stops on their desk, AND I know they will make a believer out of you. In today's world, service is all we can hang our hats on, and if they don't know about the problem, they can't fix it. We''ll wait for the response....... :D :idea:

jpen1
Stoker Coal Boiler: LL110
Coal Size/Type: Rice/ Buck

Post by jpen1 » Mon. Jan. 25, 2010 6:42 pm

Did you trying to call the factory direct. If you haven't then you need to do so. Matt and Dave will take care of your problem in short order. They carry on Jerry's excellent customer service and have taken it to new levels. Chances are they nevere vene new about your problem and your dealer dropped the ball, which does happen from time to time. I realize this is a major inconvienence however you really need to address this problem with leisure line they will get it straightened out in short order. If you were dealing with Harman you would be waiting till next year this time to get a response from them. Give Dave a call @ leisure line [Phone Number Removed].

Paulie

Post by Paulie » Mon. Jan. 25, 2010 6:43 pm

Pull it apart and see what is up. The feed system is DIRT simple. Chances are it is fixable with out parts. Not all dealers
are on the ball, but even if you need parts, you should find what you need on the dealers shelf, call around. If it is the motor itself, you do not need LL for that. You could fix and get paid back by the company.
Pictures would be nice because we really do not know what you have. If you want to be warm, lets see them. Being warm is
better than being P.O. ed . ;)

North Candlewood
Stoker Coal Boiler: Eshland S-130
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker A 120
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1602
Baseburners & Antiques: Princess Atlantic Cookstove
Coal Size/Type: Nut Rice

Post by North Candlewood » Mon. Jan. 25, 2010 6:44 pm

Companies have dealer networks for good reason...
Not all dealers are created equal either...
The boys will make right with this...
They know about it now!

Flyer5
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Post by Flyer5 » Mon. Jan. 25, 2010 6:45 pm

This is news to me .We get orders out the same day or the next at the latest . Even stoves go out within 1or 2 business days if just a standard item . I would like to discuss this further if you like give me a call at the shop . [Phone Number Removed]. We don't hide our phone # . My cell # is [Phone Number Removed] if it is important . I will not cut our dealers out of the loop on parts but warranty items if you are having a hard time with your dealer feel free to give us a call . We value our customers over anything.We will get you up and running . As far as streamlining we are still running around jumping over parts and desks trying to get the work done till 8 pm or later most days so I don't know where you heard that from :D . Thanks ,Dave

Flyer5

Post by Flyer5 » Mon. Jan. 25, 2010 7:07 pm

Flyer5 wrote:This is news to me .We get orders out the same day or the next at the latest . Even stoves go out within 1or 2 business days if just a standard item . I would like to discuss this further if you like give me a call at the shop . [Phone Number Removed]. We don't hide our phone # . My cell # is [Phone Number Removed] if it is important . I will not cut our dealers out of the loop on parts but warranty items if you are having a hard time with your dealer feel free to give us a call . We value our customers over anything and if this is truly a valid post I will be expecting your call .We will get you up and running . As far as streamlining we are still running around jumping over parts and desks trying to get the work done till 8 pm or later most days so I don't know where you heard that from :D . Thanks ,Dave
I just discussed it with Matt and he was in contact with the dealer on Friday . The part was out for UPS but unfortunately they thought we did not have anything to go and did not stop since we were off doing a show . The part went out today UPS . I do believe it will be there tomorrow sometime .Your dealer has been working the issue and I apologize for the inconvenience in this matter . Mechanical and electrical parts sometimes have a short life that is why we have warranty's .We also test all the motors before assy . We will be following this issue and know you will have many happy years with this stove . Thanks we will make a happy LL owner out of you I promise. Dave

mikey55
Stoker Coal Boiler: key stoker ka6

Post by mikey55 » Tue. Jan. 26, 2010 11:55 am

looks to me like someone just wanted to b...h about some thing.i don't think you guys should waste your time on this as its probably not the whole story.seems if rico really wanted help he would be ansewring your questions and responding about progress.but no its just easier to sit back and b...h about it.once again most people on this board are very helpful and have helped me alot in my first 2 years of coal burning bliss.so people don't waste your time on this it appears to be someone that will never be happy and thinks theyre perferct.

LXD212

Post by LXD212 » Tue. Jan. 26, 2010 3:20 pm

Rico,

I hpe you are not trying to accomplish somehting by coming onto this forum and attempt to tarnish a reputation of a world class company. As WNY referenced a forum I posted a few months back "CUSTOMER SERVICE AT EXTREMEST FINEST". Thats the best way to describe my dealings with Leisure Line Stove Company from the purchase of my Leisure LIne Hearth Model (in March of 2009 in dealing with Jerry) through the current under new owners Dave and Matt.

As I stated previoulsy the dealer where I purchased my stove closed its doors over the summer of 2009. SO when it came time for me tohook up my stove in Fall of 09 I had a few questions about the installation of my stove. With not knowing where to turn I contacted Leislure LIne directly. Not more than two hours after leaving a message for Leisure Line, Matt, contacted me willing and eager to help. At the point when he contacted me I expressed to him that I was discouraged about how my local dealer treated me. Matt said to me "That Leisure LIne Stove Company would make it right by doing whatever needs to be done" The same day he called me he made a trip to my house to explain the whole coal burning process including personally installing my stove.

After Matt left my house the next day I had some wiring issue (I ran a new wire for my thermostat) I contacted Leisure LIne and asked where can I purchase a longer cable. Dave met me on his way home to personally hand me the cable I requested.

Matt made one more stop at my house to check the draft on the stove and make sure the stove was operating correctly and to show me some operational tricks.

About two weeeks ago I had one minor setback with the stove. Nothing to with quality of the stove. The coal feed was not feeding coal due to a coal jam in the feeder area. Again I contacted Matt and esxplained the problem and he gave me step by step instructions on how to solve the problem. Also stated if I could not solve the problem he would make a stop at the house to fix it.

I always asked Matt for a bill and he would always say included with the warranty. I am sure that the warranty does not cover his time and effort just the product. However he chooses to go a step above the rest.

Currently the stove is up and running great as it has since the day I installed it. The product line and people at Leisure LIne are top notch.

If anyone ever needs to speak with a satisifed Leislure Customer please feel free to contact ,e

Lou

LXD212

Post by LXD212 » Tue. Jan. 26, 2010 3:22 pm

Please pardon the incorrect spelling of several words in my previous post I am having technical diffculities with my PC.

farok
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer top vent
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon/Eagle

Post by farok » Tue. Jan. 26, 2010 4:16 pm

LXD212, great post. Stories like this are one of the main factors why I chose a Leisure Line. I've not had any issues personally, but I have never second-guessed my purchase and am sure if I do have issues that I will have excellent help from dealers or the parent company itself! The few questions I did have with setup were answered very quickly and thoroughly by Jerry (when he still owned the company).

Chris

Flyer5

Post by Flyer5 » Tue. Jan. 26, 2010 5:31 pm

LXD212 wrote:Rico,

I hpe you are not trying to accomplish somehting by coming onto this forum and attempt to tarnish a reputation of a world class company. As WNY referenced a forum I posted a few months back "CUSTOMER SERVICE AT EXTREMEST FINEST". Thats the best way to describe my dealings with Leisure Line Stove Company from the purchase of my Leisure LIne Hearth Model (in March of 2009 in dealing with Jerry) through the current under new owners Dave and Matt.

As I stated previoulsy the dealer where I purchased my stove closed its doors over the summer of 2009. SO when it came time for me tohook up my stove in Fall of 09 I had a few questions about the installation of my stove. With not knowing where to turn I contacted Leislure LIne directly. Not more than two hours after leaving a message for Leisure Line, Matt, contacted me willing and eager to help. At the point when he contacted me I expressed to him that I was discouraged about how my local dealer treated me. Matt said to me "That Leisure LIne Stove Company would make it right by doing whatever needs to be done" The same day he called me he made a trip to my house to explain the whole coal burning process including personally installing my stove.

After Matt left my house the next day I had some wiring issue (I ran a new wire for my thermostat) I contacted Leisure LIne and asked where can I purchase a longer cable. Dave met me on his way home to personally hand me the cable I requested.

Matt made one more stop at my house to check the draft on the stove and make sure the stove was operating correctly and to show me some operational tricks.

About two weeeks ago I had one minor setback with the stove. Nothing to with quality of the stove. The coal feed was not feeding coal due to a coal jam in the feeder area. Again I contacted Matt and esxplained the problem and he gave me step by step instructions on how to solve the problem. Also stated if I could not solve the problem he would make a stop at the house to fix it.

I always asked Matt for a bill and he would always say included with the warranty. I am sure that the warranty does not cover his time and effort just the product. However he chooses to go a step above the rest.

Currently the stove is up and running great as it has since the day I installed it. The product line and people at Leisure LIne are top notch.

If anyone ever needs to speak with a satisifed Leislure Customer please feel free to contact ,e

Lou
:oops: Ah shucks !! Thanks, we try our best .

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”