Re: Econo Stove Blower Problems

cmperry

Post by cmperry » Wed. Nov. 18, 2009 5:22 pm

on my control I don't see where the cfm is adjusted or accessed, just cft.....

Matthaus

Post by Matthaus » Wed. Nov. 18, 2009 5:27 pm

Check this thread out:

Coal-Trol V3 Firmware Features

It is inthe advanced menu, burried way under the test feature (hold the program button down llonger as explained in the linked post). You'll get it. :)

cmperry

Post by cmperry » Wed. Nov. 18, 2009 6:00 pm

cfm set at 50...fingers crossed...it's only going to be in the 30's tonight and no cold weather on the horizon so it may be awhile to test. I would like to ask this question again..is there a danger of overheating the stove if the feed rate increases to compensate for cold temperatures and the convection fans quit? The other night my stove was definitely HOT and we were all sleeping. This problem is nothing I want to risk my family's safety for. I want to know the stove temperature that is unsafe and if it can be attained because of the absence of the convection fans. If the stove can be run at 180,000 BTU's without convection fans safely than no problem..anything else I would like to know. Thanks for the help.

pvolcko
Verified Business Rep.

Post by pvolcko » Wed. Nov. 18, 2009 8:09 pm

I'll let Matt speak to the no-blower high temp scenario from a safety standpoint. I can suggest, however, that if you are concerned about this while working on this issue you could try burning with a single burner or adjusting your MAX setting down to half of normal to keep the stove from burning past 50% of capacity. This shouldn't affect your testing/troubleshooting of the blower issue and should provide some more peace of mind.

Matthaus

Post by Matthaus » Thu. Nov. 19, 2009 11:57 am

cmperry wrote:cfm set at 50...fingers crossed...it's only going to be in the 30's tonight and no cold weather on the horizon so it may be awhile to test. I would like to ask this question again..is there a danger of overheating the stove if the feed rate increases to compensate for cold temperatures and the convection fans quit? The other night my stove was definitely HOT and we were all sleeping. This problem is nothing I want to risk my family's safety for. I want to know the stove temperature that is unsafe and if it can be attained because of the absence of the convection fans. If the stove can be run at 180,000 BTU's without convection fans safely than no problem..anything else I would like to know. Thanks for the help.
All LL stoves are UL tested and verified to be safe for all conditions, we have not had a known issue with the Hyfire fans, so I would tell you that the quick answer is that there is no safety issue for your family. BUT...... here is my official answer for your consideration: If you have any doubt that the fans are not going to function properly I would not run both burners as Paul suggested. With regards to safety it is not an issue to have the fan shut off as long as you have the specified distances to combustable materials as shown on the UL label on the back of the stove.

Having said all that,my recommendation is to involve your dealer in the issues, this situation has definitely progressed to the action required category. He needs to take a look at your installation and make an assessment of any possible contributing elements of the install, so please give him a call if you haven't already and let's get this resolved as quickly as possible. Also I sent you a PM with our phone number, please give us a call to discuss further, thanks. :)

Matthaus

Post by Matthaus » Thu. Dec. 10, 2009 7:57 pm

cmperry wrote:snip.. Oh,Matt, its been over 2 weeks since you said you would send a replacement col-trol and haven;t seen it yet....no rush though,it's only the middle of December here in Maine and the stove is my primary heat source.
Your Dealer and Automation Correct are on the hook for that one, I let you know that I would tell the folks at Automation Correct to initiate a replacement unit once the dealer contacted them, I apologize if you misunderstood. :shock:

Added information: After discussing this issue with you on the phone, I will Email your address to Automation Correct and get them to send out a replacement unit. Thank you for your patience.

Matthaus

Post by Matthaus » Sat. Dec. 19, 2009 5:09 pm

I'm creating this thread to transfer all of cmperry's posts with regards to his Hyfire II fans cutting off on hi temp limit. This action is in keeping with our desire to keep all of our posts in this manufacturer's corner on topic and collected in one spot for others to refer to for similar problems. This issue is not related to johnshan's issue with running his stove on a generator and is of now not completely understood or for that matter solved.

Thank you. :)

nwaelder
Verified Business Rep.

Post by nwaelder » Sat. Dec. 19, 2009 10:42 pm

cmperry,
We spent some time together, on the phone, Friday, 12/11/09. In addition to your description of improper blower operation, you said that the time of day clock on your Coal-trol thermostat would run fast from time to time. With this additional clue, it seemed that you had a bad t-stat cable. We sent one out to you that Friday. With all the discussion of the issue, I'm wondering did you get the cable? If so, is it working properly so far?

Matthaus

Post by Matthaus » Sun. Dec. 20, 2009 10:33 pm

I spoke with cmperry on Saturday, he informed me that all is working as designed. I have asked him to post an update. Thanks for your help Neil! :)

cmperry

Post by cmperry » Mon. Dec. 21, 2009 6:17 am

I returned the cable to Neil. I think I am going to look into putting manual controls on my stove. Just a personal preference, but I think it will suit my needs better.

nwaelder
Verified Business Rep.

Post by nwaelder » Mon. Dec. 21, 2009 4:47 pm

Thanks for the update. We received the UPS package you refused to accept today.
Hope all works well for you.
Neil

cmperry

Post by cmperry » Tue. Dec. 22, 2009 6:28 am

nwaelder wrote:Thanks for the update. We received the UPS package you refused to accept today.
Hope all works well for you.
Neil
Glad to hear you received the cable back. I refused shipment because of my choice to go with manual controls on the stove. I wouldn't feel right accepting the cable if I'm never going to use it. Hopefully manual controls will eliminate any generator and convection fan issues I've had. To me,sometimes simpler is better. I'm just not real good with all this electronic stuff.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”