Re: Econo Stove Blower Problems

gerry_g
Coal Size/Type: rice
Other Heating: Electric, Propane

Post by gerry_g » Sat. Nov. 12, 2011 8:22 am

Johnshan wrote:It is a coal trol issue, after realizing how they control the motor speeds it becomes clear.
No way, it is a "dirty power" issue. If it was the control, the stove wouldn't be any better when running off utility power. I can't mind how you THINK an electronic speed control works. They actually don't need perfect sine waves, rather fairly smooth sine wave approximations WITHOUT drop outs such as caused by generators in poor condition.

Many newer full house furnaces with variable speed blowers have the same problem with "dirty power".

It is true that some NON-electronic speed control units can cope with ragged power better. In this day of lots of electronics, many devices will mess up with power from a generator in poor condition.

I've used my camping generator, then a larger generator wired to a change-over box and a pro-sine 1800W inverter (overkill) with to power my Pioneer zero issues with the stove. My 1100 watt microwave oven is a different story! It has such high peak amperage draw at AC voltage peaks that only my 5.5KW generator has the guts to run it.

Don't blame coal-trols for generator problems! Unless you use an oscilloscope to observe to the power at the load, you have no idea what is going on!

gerry

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”