Hyfire 2 Jacket Questions

ewcsretired

Post by ewcsretired » Tue. Jan. 16, 2007 6:38 am

I presently have a hyfire 2 in the cellar, coming off the convection pipe(8 inch) is a y with two 6 inch pipes. Both go out to registers in the main room of the house. I am limited to the 6 inch pipes due to foundation/sill dimensions. I was wondering if I put the jacket on the stove, keep the original blowers and install an additional in line fan in each pipe would I gain anything? The stove heats a big old farmhouse now and is adequate, just wonder if I could squeeze some more efficiency out of it.

I do not have the room for the 14 inch blower or means to connect it to the gas heating system.

coaledsweat
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by coaledsweat » Tue. Jan. 16, 2007 8:57 am

Yes.

Jerry & Karen

Post by Jerry & Karen » Tue. Jan. 16, 2007 4:55 pm

I would try to add another 6" pipe to the top, and then put duct fans in each.

ewcsretired

Post by ewcsretired » Tue. Jan. 16, 2007 7:50 pm

I would try to add another 6" pipe to the top, and then put duct fans in each.
I think you are you saying get the jacket with two six inch pipes coming off the top. Can the jacket be modified to accomplish this?

Do I leave the present 256 blowers installed after I do this?

as always thanks for your help

Jerry & Karen

Post by Jerry & Karen » Tue. Jan. 16, 2007 8:04 pm

The jacket will be a big improvement over the 8" duct top. When you order the jacket, you can special order the top of the jacket almost any way that you want or need. If I were you, when ordering the jacket, I would have 4-6" holes put in. That way if you ever need more then 2 you have them. Just cap them off. I would install 6" duct fans in the lines and remove the 2-265cfm fans and leave the holes open on the back of the stove, this way it will draw air evenly over the entire unit.
Jerry

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”