So What Is a Harman Mag Stoker Used for 1 Year Worth?

lime4x4

Post by lime4x4 » Thu. Dec. 28, 2006 11:25 pm

for a trade in??
My house setup is going to require me to run 2 coal stoves to properly heat this house. Currently mag stoker is on the first floor. Which works great except no heat in the basement and my kitchen is always on the cool side do to poor air movement towards that part of the house. So I was thinking of getting the Harman dvc-500 for the first floor and a mark II or III for in the basement and direct the air flow up into the kitchen.I'm thinking this route for the dvc-500 cause that sure would be easier to have burning when u just need a little heat esp in the fall and spring.

Cap
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman SF 250, domestic hot water loop, heat accumulator
Coal Size/Type: Nut and Stove
Other Heating: Heat Pumps

Post by Cap » Fri. Dec. 29, 2006 6:16 am

Hey Lime--Did you consider installing a vent in the kitchen to allow the cold air to drop into the basement in order that warm air will move into the kitchen? Is the kitchen above the basement or use a crawl space?

AL-53

Post by AL-53 » Fri. Dec. 29, 2006 7:09 am

Lime..Cap has the right Idea...cut in a cold air return in the floor and let the cold air move out....you could even install a Duct blower reversed on the vent so it sucks the cold air out and may blow warm air down once the room is warm....

Also....keep the stoker and keep it either upstairs or in the basement and just get a DVC-500 and place it where you want..it is a direct vent...

that way you are just getting 1 type of coal for both stoves...

I have my Mag in the basement and I cut in returns and I heat 3 floors ...I use a 16" fan to move the air and works great...

But to answer your question...call a Harman stove dealer near you and ask what it would be worth..see what they would sell a one year old Mag for...

Al

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”