Fired Stove to Dry the House

A Coal stoker furnace or stove controls most operations including automatically feeding the coal. They are quite similar to any conventional oil and gas units and easily operated for extended periods of time. They commonly use rice coal but may use larger sizes like buckwheat. They can be used as primary heat, supplementary heat or have a dual set up with your existing oil/gas furnace.
Paulie
Stove/Furnace Make: leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Post Mon. Jun. 22, 2009 7:52 pm

Well, here I am burning coal in late June. Caught a late nor-easter here in metro Boston, big water, big humidity. Fired
the pioneer, house is drying down nicely. The more I use this thing, the more I love it. :D Building out a show room in my
store, looking forward to selling them. Coal is a dirty word around here, going to push the Anthracite Advantage, no better way
than actually using them. 8-)

Cap
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman SF 250, domestic hot water loop, heat accumulator
Coal Size/Type: Nut and Stove
Other Heating: Heat Pumps

Post Mon. Jun. 22, 2009 7:54 pm

Nothing wrong with drying out the building. My basement was quite damp the last few days. Unfortunately, I already cleaned and oiled down the stove for summer storage. :cry:
Cap
Lehigh Twp.
Northampton Co., PA

009to090
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 HighBoy
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: DVC-500 x 2
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Rice

Post Mon. Jun. 22, 2009 8:32 pm

Yeah, I wish I hadn't 'summerized' my stove during all this rain. Sure could have used it this past week to dry out the lower level of the house. I cried, when I plugged in the dehumidifier :cry2:
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Paulie
Stove/Furnace Make: leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Post Mon. Jun. 22, 2009 8:53 pm

I never got around to oil up the stove. I cleaned and left it. No issues, so basement is not too damp. I fired stove in basement, opened doors in central stair case, and put a fan in a window up stairs, pushing out. House is drying down nicely.
Stove is performing flawlessly. I am always amazed at how well this thing works. My LL Pioneer is my friend. :)

CoalHeat
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1959 EFM 350
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Magnafire Mark I
Baseburners & Antiques: Sears Signal Oak 15 & Andes Kitchen Range
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Chestnut
Other Heating: Fisher Fireplace Insert

Post Tue. Jun. 23, 2009 8:34 pm

My basement was quite damp the last few days. Unfortunately, I already cleaned and oiled down the stove for summer storage. :cry:
My cellar is warm and dry, thanks to Anthracite. :D The dehumidifier is unplugged and lonely... :cry:
Heating a circa 1832 farmhouse with a Harman Magnafire Mark I & a 1959 EFM 350 (heating DHW).
100% Oil Free!
"It's what we learn after we think we know it all that counts."

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”