Econo Stove Blower Problems

WNY
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Post by WNY » Sat. Dec. 19, 2009 3:43 pm

Thats weird....maybe a loose wire or just a bad spot in the motor.....

Flyer5
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Post by Flyer5 » Sat. Dec. 19, 2009 4:11 pm

Johnshan wrote:I tested the motor again and it still didn't run. I totally disassembled the housing, had the motor on the bench and hooked it to 120v before I sent it out to LL, it spun up fine. I put it all back together and its now running again. Nothing like reliablity eh!
How did the connectors look ? Did they seem tight . Maybe it just needed some fresh air . :D Let me know what happens or if it acts up again .If it does get you through the colder weather and we get a little warm spell ,still send it in to us I would like to take a look at it . Thanks , Dave

Johnshan

Post by Johnshan » Sun. Dec. 20, 2009 12:22 am

It sure is strange. The connections were fine, it was just difficult to turn the cage/motor before I took it all apart, it tried to spin but just hummed unless I helped it start. I really don't know what the problem was, but its working now. The stove has been at 99% feed rate for 3 days now, its COLD outside. If I have more problems with it I will send it your way Flyer, but all seems well at the moment, thanks.

Johnshan

Post by Johnshan » Mon. Dec. 21, 2009 7:57 am

It's dead again.

I noticed a funny smell last night, I checked the motor and it was hardly turning and humming loudly.

I unhooked the motor, and set it away from the stove to see if cooling it down would fix it. This morning it would not turn at all again.

cmperry

Post by cmperry » Tue. Dec. 22, 2009 6:14 am

Johnshan wrote:It's dead again.

I noticed a funny smell last night, I checked the motor and it was hardly turning and humming loudly.

I unhooked the motor, and set it away from the stove to see if cooling it down would fix it. This morning it would not turn at all again.
This is the same problem I had. My fans eventually took off. Good luck.

Johnshan

Post by Johnshan » Wed. Jan. 06, 2010 11:03 am

Thanks to Dave at LL for sending me a replacement blower, I did the swap and all is well.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”