Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark II
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Looking
Baseburners & Antiques: Looking
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: newmac wood/coal combo furnace

Post by waytomany?s » Sat. Aug. 06, 2022 6:34 pm

freetown fred wrote:
Sat. Aug. 06, 2022 2:08 pm
A month back--I got a 2 ton delivery from POSO coal in Dryden, NY $305 per ton plus $60 delivery. With the BLASCHAK pricing--I'm not gonna piss & moan about it. I'm sure the price has increased since. I use around 3 ton per season & that puts me with around a 5 ton stash. Will get a couple/three more come Fall. Even though this never happened---I'm a happy old farmer. :)
What do you mean?

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sat. Aug. 06, 2022 7:16 pm

What do ya mean--what do I mean????????????????? :clap: :lol:

waytomany?s

Post by waytomany?s » Sun. Aug. 07, 2022 7:47 pm

freetown fred wrote:
Sat. Aug. 06, 2022 7:16 pm
What do ya mean--what do I mean????????????????? :clap: :lol:
What never happened?

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sun. Aug. 07, 2022 9:25 pm

Can't say with something that never happened W--PLUS--I think It's the HEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

arcticcatmatt

Post by arcticcatmatt » Wed. Aug. 17, 2022 4:06 pm

I just had a dealer in candor ny tell me $500 a ton for lehigh.. 403 for mallard. And dealer in Watkins Glen tell me 406 a ton for blacshak. Thinking of going back to firewood, these prices are nuts.

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Wed. Aug. 17, 2022 4:34 pm

arcticcatmatt wrote:
Wed. Aug. 17, 2022 4:06 pm
I just had a dealer in candor ny tell me $500 a ton for lehigh.. 403 for mallard. And dealer in Watkins Glen tell me 406 a ton for blacshak. Thinking of going back to firewood, these prices are nuts.
Price of wood is up too, but not as much. The issue is finding someone with seasoned firewood for sale. In my area most guys are either sold out or not taking new customers.

waytomany?s

Post by waytomany?s » Wed. Aug. 17, 2022 8:19 pm

arcticcatmatt wrote:
Wed. Aug. 17, 2022 4:06 pm
Still cheaper than oil. I'm not sure an out propane though. If you can get some dead ash, that would be ok, even this late. Get it cut and split and you'll be fine by Nov.

Hambden Bob
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air

Post by Hambden Bob » Thu. Aug. 18, 2022 6:18 am

Vigilance,Diligence And Homework Seem To Be "The Master" Regarding This Year's Coal Supply Aquisition!!
These price increases really try the Soul. If You go "Back To The Beginning" of why You converted to burning Anthracite,You'll "Bite The Bullet" and do Your Best to keep it on Your Property... Some of the Fine Folks here were raised with it as a Heat and Hot Water Source. The rest of Us sorta' stumbled into it and learned it's value. Me? After 20 years of Fire & Rescue,I got Dead Tired of Chimney Fires on icy,tall roofed homes in the Dead Of Winter. Lack of Creosote Management and Maintenance was usually the cause. None of that with Anthracite. Coal also stores extremely well without infestations and degradations over a long time period. Simple Stuff. Right now,the largest problem is that if You can't afford it,You're Totally Screwed! I Get That! Since I've always said that "Cheap Kills", the "Thrifty Penny-Pinchers" that turned to Anthracite due to it's previous,fairly stable cost are having a complete meltdown... Ya' gotta' manage that. You've got the money to manage this Storm,so do it! My Heart literally goes out to "Fixed Income,Aging Out and Destitute Folks" who are getting mowed down by the drastic price increases. In the end,We try to help each other out and attempt to cancel out Cold Homes for those much less Fortunate than those of Us that can "Bite The Bullet" and "Eat The Bitter Cake" that's been served up by The Industry... Push it,Pull it and Drag it over the line to late Spring 2023,and see if You can bring Others In Trouble with You... That Is All...

franpipeman
Stoker Coal Boiler: efm 520 stoker fitzgibbons pressure vessel
Hand Fed Coal Stove: harman, russo
Coal Size/Type: rice
Other Heating: alpine propane condensing boiler radiant floor

Post by franpipeman » Fri. Aug. 19, 2022 9:09 am

Hampden Bob this post you just did was your greatest, most sensible and noblest writing you have ever done.It was inspiring to read.

hank2
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1400 WH ciculator; 1880's small cannon in reserve
Other Heating: small New Yorker oil fired boiler; mostly used for domestic HW

Post by hank2 » Fri. Aug. 19, 2022 3:38 pm

Very good words HB!

PA_saltwaterreef
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Gibraltar CFS

Post by PA_saltwaterreef » Sat. Aug. 27, 2022 4:31 pm

franpipeman wrote:
Sat. Aug. 06, 2022 8:14 am
so i got a bargain at 342 a ton delivered to wernersville? well i sort of feel better

Where did you get it from? I live up in Shoemakersville and am currently shopping around. First year buying in bulk. I was fortunate enough that the house I bought in November had a coal bin full which lasted me all season.

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”