Hitzer 608

Soccer918843

Post by Soccer918843 » Sat. Oct. 03, 2020 9:04 pm

Ok thank you mine is the same wiring but only 6-8 ft so I’ll order the same on in a longer length

Soccer918843

Post by Soccer918843 » Sat. Oct. 03, 2020 9:09 pm

How do you use a manometer to check and adjust the draft on the power vent and the barometric dampener I’m new to them and don’t understand anything about them lol

licavoli34
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Hitzer 608
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Old Mill Stoker
Baseburners & Antiques: Guerney Foundry, Cleveland Stove Co-op (2), Beckwith Round Oak,
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Red Efel Kamina (Wood), Nat Gas (Rudd 80%)

Post by licavoli34 » Sat. Oct. 03, 2020 9:24 pm

I've never used one. I adjust the power vent flap about 80% closed, let the stove get up to heat, and adjust the barometric damper so it just wavers and opens and closes ever so slightly. Occasionally I have to reset/adjust it if I let the stove go out and the room cools down, is cold, or if there are big temperature variations outside. most of these guys use a manometer and know how to do it I just never bothered.

Soccer918843

Post by Soccer918843 » Sun. Oct. 04, 2020 12:33 pm

Do you have a picture of yours installed I can’t find any directions on the power vent my wall cover for inside will not fit over the outer aluminum pipe....

Soccer918843

Post by Soccer918843 » Wed. Oct. 07, 2020 5:06 pm

Does anyone have a wiring diagram
For the 608 with the power vent? Or a good picture Would be great too thanks

ZCAM
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: 608

Post by ZCAM » Wed. Oct. 21, 2020 9:39 pm

Ok, put a rehostat switch on my power vent! And opened the damper inside the power vent fully. The stove doesn’t turn on and off on its own anymore thank god for that. It’s heating very well. Waiting for my manometer hopefully it’s in by tomorrow. Now I’ve got a ton of questions I need answers too and hopefully you guys can guide me in the right direction- lord knows I need it.
1. For the manometer what should my measurements be? Under 5 in the red of the Dwyer II unit. Which hose do I put in my flue pipe? Underneath the barometric damper, (vertical, I place the knob on .4 yeah?) The high or low? And do I just leave the other hose attached to nothing?
2 what speed will I need to have my power vent running? How do I calibrate it so everything works well for maximized heating. Definitely don’t need to be wasting heat.
3. Noticed that I had a good amount of condensation in the hopper. Is this normal? Looks like it’s gonna rust if I don’t do something.
4 I also noticed a strong smell of rotten eggs in the house tho the carbon monoxide detector haven’t gone off and they are new and working.
Hope someone can answer and help out and please for the love of god don’t say do a search on this site cause it’s been answered before. I don’t have the energy for that. I ask 10 different people questions about this and I get 11 different answers. Hope someone knows about this all.
Hope you guys all stay healthy!
Take care!

licavoli34
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Hitzer 608
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Old Mill Stoker
Baseburners & Antiques: Guerney Foundry, Cleveland Stove Co-op (2), Beckwith Round Oak,
Other Heating: Red Efel Kamina (Wood), Nat Gas (Rudd 80%)

Post by licavoli34 » Wed. Oct. 21, 2020 10:31 pm

Don't want a sulphur smell! No good, unless it is very minor at startup. Screw the rheostat, just put the Power vent damper about 80% closed position, if clean, for colder temps. Trying to dial it in when it hovers between 75 and 35 this time of year is futile..Just adjust your Barometric Damper as needed for now, and when the Temps settle a bit into a better range, adjust the weight on your Barometric Damper accordingly. If it is flapping gently, OK... Make sure it isn't bound up, and it should only be wide open when you are at Temp, and burning hot, then adjust it down as needed...

Return to “Stoker Coal Furnaces & Stoves Using Anthracite (Hot Air)”