Coalcast Inaugural Show Information

General energy and coal related topics, news and basic information. If you do not know where to post your topic post it here.
Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post Thu. Feb. 05, 2009 8:58 am

Better late than never, after promising this for more than a year we are about ready to launch our first live webcast which has been tentatively scheduled for Tuesday the 10th at 7:00 P.M. If you cannot be around for it don't worry as all shows will be archived and you can listen to them at any time. More information later on the where, what and how to connect but if you were around for the test of the web stream that is pretty much it.

Patrick from AHS and Paul from Coal-trol have volunteered to Co-host the show. The first show will be pretty basic and we'll be covering the topic of "The future of Anthracite" For future shows we will have guests and if you want to participate you are more than welcome. The shows will run once a month and possibly twice if there is enough interest. The software I have set up now will pretty much be able to mimic the capabilities of any radio station, at some point I'll even have the option to call in on a regular landline.

To listen to the show you will need nothing more than a computer, the show will be streamed in MP3 format so any platform with media player should be able to listen. I will be making a page with an embedded player.

We'll be able to have interviews either live or recorded, live discussions and many other things. I'll post more information here as it becomes available.
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."

- Albert Einstein

jrn8265
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker Koker
Stove/Furnace Model: Koker 160

Post Thu. Feb. 05, 2009 9:01 am

awesome!!

BigBarney

Post Thu. Feb. 05, 2009 12:46 pm

Can't wait bring it on!!!!

BigBarney

Devil505
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Post Thu. Feb. 05, 2009 1:02 pm

Is this going to be advertised anywhere?
War is a game that is played with a smile. If you can't smile, grin. If you can't grin, keep out of the way till you can.
Winston Churchill
Shaking & Poking The TLC2000 Video

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post Thu. Feb. 05, 2009 1:35 pm

Just here, feel free to spread the word.
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."

- Albert Einstein

SuperBeetle
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark II
Coal Size/Type: Pea, Nut, & Stove Anthracite

Post Fri. Feb. 06, 2009 7:13 am

For those of you that have not had the opportunity to hear Patrick and Paul speak, please "tune" in. Thanks to Richard, Paul, and Patrick for taking the time to do this. I know they put in a lot of time for us,(the forum members) in order to make this happen.
Thanks guys!! :clap: :notworthy: :yes: :up:
" A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" -- 2nd Amendment to the United States Constitution....
IT AIN'T ABOUT HUNTING Two to the chest............one to the head. The Mozambique Drill :rambo3:

- John

grizzly2
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 30 - 95
Coal Size/Type: pea and nut/ anthracite
Other Heating: Jotul #3 wood stove in garage. Oil backup in house. Electric backup in house.

Post Sat. Feb. 07, 2009 6:19 pm

Well, I will Definitely put this on my very busy social social schedule. :yes:
The only redeeming value of winter is that I can have a fire in my stove.

Jerry & Karen

Post Sun. Feb. 08, 2009 2:32 pm

Put me on the list for an interview. Just make sure the questions aren't too hard, and the words aren't too big.
Jerry LLS
PS. Karen at the retail is also up for the interview.

jeromemsn
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker 90 dvc
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman elite fireplace insert

Post Mon. Feb. 09, 2009 10:47 pm

Wow this is cool! You know if this works out you could start a school of higher learning. I know I need more schooling. I could teach about John Deere l & g tractor restoration, One of my many hobbies.
Thanks Mayor!
The warmest people I know burn Coal! ©

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”