Santa & Coal

JIMTORL

Post by JIMTORL » Thu. Dec. 18, 2008 10:26 am

If any one is commig East bound on the PA turnpike you got to check out the Coal Billboard. It is just before the double tunnels
It has a picture of Santa and the sign say's if you were good Santa may bring you some coal. :D

grizzly2
Other Heating: Oil foilfurnace, Jotul#3 woodstove,electric base board.

Post by grizzly2 » Thu. Dec. 18, 2008 6:14 pm

This past summer I built a coal bin and filled it with 4 tons of coal. On my 8 year old grandson's first visit since getting the coal, he looked at he bin and said "what is that grampa :?: " I got a step ladder and put it up to the bin. He climbed the ladder and asked " what is that stuff grampa :?: " I told him is was coal. He hesitated about 3 seconds and said "boy grampa, you must have been REAL BAD :!: " I said I was, and was going to be real bad again this year so Santa would bring me some more coal. :D

DOUG

Post by DOUG » Thu. Dec. 18, 2008 7:29 pm

I have two sons, ages four and two. They love helping me shovel the Reading buckwheat anthracite coal from the pick-up truck into the house. If you give them more than 30 seconds out of your sight, you'll find them moving coal from the bin into their Tonka trucks and diggers on the way for delivery for some grown-up to put into the coal stove. When other grown-ups tell them if the aren't good little boys that Santa is going to bring them a lump of coal, they look surprised :o and confused :? because they say we love coal, :love: we always need coal it keeps us warm and is fun to play with! :D The grown-ups don't know how to respond. So, I have to tell the kids if they aren't going to be good Santa won't bring them anymore coal. :( They get all upset and behave right away and say we'll be good Daddy! :)We want Santa to bring us a lot of coal for our basement and a bunch of toys too! :) The oldest asked Santa to fill daddy's stocking with extra coal so he don't take mine! :) I think it's funny. Being a Father at this stage is great!! :D

ScottD

Post by ScottD » Thu. Dec. 18, 2008 7:40 pm

I got my two (5 and 7) to put coal on their list! They want to help heat the house. I plan on giving them a little package of it under the tree this year. I think it's a really thoughtful gesture on their part. They asked for something that they will then give away. :). Isn't that what Christmas is all about?

ceccil

Post by ceccil » Fri. Dec. 19, 2008 7:49 pm

Same thing here Doug. Last year when my son was 4, I was doing something in the basement. When I turned to see what the boy was up to, he was in the bin with one of his trucks. Was pretty much black head to foot. Have since put doors on it to keep him and the cat out. Cat's and coal do not mix. :D

Jeff

Paperboy
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska Kodiak; Atlanta Homesteader

Post by Paperboy » Sun. Dec. 21, 2008 10:22 am

"...the stockings were hung by the COAL STOVE with care, in hopes that Saint Nicholas soon would be there..."

Happy Holidays to all the coal burners out there!! :up:

Attachments

dscf0153.jpg
.JPG | 1.1MB | dscf0153.jpg
dscf0152.jpg
.JPG | 1.1MB | dscf0152.jpg

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”