Obama and Coal

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Sun. Dec. 21, 2008 5:52 am

Anyone ever stop to think that if ALL CO2 is outlawed we will not be allowed to exhale? If ALL CO2 is stopped, all trees and vegetables will die?

spotcatbug

Post by spotcatbug » Mon. Dec. 22, 2008 10:34 am

Freddy wrote:Anyone ever stop to think that if ALL CO2 is outlawed we will not be allowed to exhale? If ALL CO2 is stopped, all trees and vegetables will die?
It's not going to be outlawed. That's just silly. You'll just have to buy offsets. Just hold your breath until you get your offsets from the government.

UpStateMike

Post by UpStateMike » Mon. Dec. 22, 2008 11:13 am

I think the level of the gov't isn't such they'd even know we are buring coal unless we told them. It's very under the radar in regards to the homeowner.

Of course, that would all change if there's a homeowner coal-burning stink going on in Washington. Playing the Devil's advocate, this means that once the fatties in DC realize theres a new (to them) classifcation to tax, then expect them to go at us. Don't think for one second they'd write in a clause for us poor taxpayers.

But I agree with Freddy about the whole CO2 thing. Household CO2 Emissions Credits are just one dumbass congressman's bill away.

djackman

Post by djackman » Tue. Dec. 23, 2008 3:31 am

The few people who've seen my setup all say the same thing - "wow, no black smoke!" after they were expecting something looking like a factory in the early Industrial Revolution. 3 people tell 6 more, who tell 9 more, etc is a darn good way to get something started. The collective mental image of "coal = dirty" is one of the first things that has to go.

Someone with some editing skills should do a video "which house is burning coal".... if it goes viral who knows?

UpStateMike

Post by UpStateMike » Wed. Dec. 24, 2008 3:38 pm

This morning I was starting at this wonderful mass of glowing orange rocks, pumping off heat into my house. No fumes, no smoke, just heat. Turn back the clock to 48 hours ago when I was laoding 5 peices of wood into the same fire, with smoke pouring out of the damn thing while I loaded it. Anthracite is a pretty clean, low cost heat. Bottom line.

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”