Has Anyone Tried Cooking in Your Coal Stove?

ray in ma

Post by ray in ma » Thu. Dec. 18, 2008 9:11 pm

Ashcat wrote:
Also, how long would you run the inverter before running/driving the car?
When I plugged the fans in the car was running, wife used the inverter the night before to blow up air mattresses (not running but only took about 10 min) and we charged up the cell phones while driving around Sunday. Its just a small 130Watt one that I got to power a laptop in the car. I'm thinking of getting a bigger one for next time maybe 7500 watts (ok they call those generators :rofl: )

lesterbh

Post by lesterbh » Sat. Dec. 20, 2008 8:26 am

During the ice storm power outage, I ran my Channing III off an 800 watt inverter. I wrapped some microwavable hot pockets in tin foil and put them inside the stove next to the ash pan and waited about an hour. Blow off the ash and un-wrap and they were nice and hot. Cooking on the top of the stove did not work quite so well because of the 2 inch blower vent gap above the firebox. 8-)

gambler

Post by gambler » Sat. Dec. 20, 2008 10:10 am

lesterbh wrote:Cooking on the top of the stove did not work quite so well because of the 2 inch blower vent gap above the firebox.
Turn the blower off and use the stove as a radiant stove while you are cooking. When done cooking turn the blower back on.

endinmaine
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Margin Gem Cook Stove and Harman Mark III

Post by endinmaine » Fri. Jan. 23, 2009 4:26 pm

I cook on my coal/wood burning Cook Stove all the time plus it
my house as well.

Attachments

DSC_0001.JPG
.JPG | 694.1KB | DSC_0001.JPG

lowfog01
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Mark II & Mark I
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea

Post by lowfog01 » Fri. Jan. 23, 2009 4:57 pm

Just last night my son completed his Boy Scout rank advancement by cooking our dinner in our Harman II. He made foil dinners with potatoes, carrots and ground beef patty. He double wrapped the ingredients in foil and placed them on the coals. The stove top temperature when he started was 150. I had let the fire burn down so he could work on with it. He cooked the packets for 15 minutes before flipping them for another 15. It was yummy good but the best part was I didn’t have to do anything. Lisa

Dann757

Post by Dann757 » Fri. Jan. 23, 2009 5:10 pm

Yeah! There's a million recipes out there for campfire foil wrapped meals. I have to try that soon!

New Hope Engineer
Coal Size/Type: Nut pea

Post by New Hope Engineer » Sat. Jan. 24, 2009 7:34 pm

lowfog01 wrote:Just last night my son completed his Boy Scout rank advancement by cooking our dinner in our Harman II. He made foil dinners with potatoes, carrots and ground beef patty. He double wrapped the ingredients in foil and placed them on the coals. The stove top temperature when he started was 150. I had let the fire burn down so he could work on with it. He cooked the packets for 15 minutes before flipping them for another 15. It was yummy good but the best part was I didn’t have to do anything. Lisa
I remember doing that in the scouts,i think they called it pocket stew.

Devil505

Post by Devil505 » Sat. Jan. 24, 2009 9:20 pm

When we got our first coal stove I tried to convince my wife to cook a beef stew on the top of the stove..... :no1: :eek2: :fear: :stretcher: bop2

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”