No Breaker?

hophead

Post by hophead » Tue. Nov. 25, 2008 7:37 pm

Heard they're selling coal at Manmouth Material in Primrose Pa. Someone said they were stripping but I don't know if they have their own breaker. Is it good or bad. Anyone know????

hophead

Post by hophead » Tue. Nov. 25, 2008 7:54 pm

Reason I'm asking is I'm down to burning local coal and getting a half moon fire. Coal from other sources burns just fine but I'd rather haul local. Yeah you heard me, a half moon fire in a EFM. That's some good stuff huh.

coal berner
Location: Pottsville PA. Schuylkill County PA. The Hart Of Anthracite Coal Country.
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF

Post by coal berner » Wed. Nov. 26, 2008 1:04 am

hophead wrote:Heard they're selling coal at Manmouth Material in Primrose Pa. Someone said they were stripping but I don't know if they have their own breaker. Is it good or bad. Anyone know????
No Breaker I think they are sending it to Direnzo which you do not want coal from there anyway
Try Superior UAE Harmony mine Sherman or Summit who's coal are you burning now
Have you been Pulling the fines handel 20 sec.when it is running everyday on the 520 you might have a block in the air holes in the grates on the one side of the pot

lincolnmania
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 350
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: reading allegheny stoker
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: alaska kodiak stoker 1986. 1987 triburner, 1987 crane diamond
Coal Size/Type: rice

Post by lincolnmania » Wed. Nov. 26, 2008 2:26 am

hophead wrote:Heard they're selling coal at Manmouth Material in Primrose Pa. Someone said they were stripping but I don't know if they have their own breaker. Is it good or bad. Anyone know????
no you don't want that coal......i tried burning it 2 yrs ago.....they don't know what they are mining......mostly rock.....i was enticed by the 75 bucks a ton price

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”