Are LL Stoves on Backorder?

heatwithcoal
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: AK-110

Post by heatwithcoal » Sun. Oct. 05, 2008 9:58 pm

I am in the middle of juggling stoves around and I have been looking at the Econo Sidewinder. This will fit into my kitchen/living area a lot better than the AK Kast Console that I was thinking about replacing my pellet stove with. Not to mention I just might blast myself out of the house if I put the AK stove upstairs with the Magnum presently running in the basement.I currently heat my upstairs with my Breckwell Big-E which is 55K BTU pellet so I would think the Econo Sidewinder would fit the bill for swapping this stove out? My house is a 1350 sqft raised ranch with open floor plan in the dining/living area.
I guess I am looking for feedback from existing owners of the Econo Sidewinder and if LL's stove production is backed up as all the other companies seem to be. If so, what might the leadtime be right now?

Any info would be very much appreciated.

Mark

LsFarm
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Self-built 'Big Bertha' SS Boiler
Baseburners & Antiques: Keystone 11, Art Garland

Post by LsFarm » Sun. Oct. 05, 2008 11:47 pm

I'm surprised you can't heat the house with just the Magnum with some ducting..

As for the 'backorder' on the stoves.. give the company a call at the company store on Monday morning.. they will have the latest on delivery times..

All the stove manufacturers are working double or round-the-clock shifts to produce the products. The demand is very high for all alternative heating devices.

Greg L

heatwithcoal

Post by heatwithcoal » Mon. Oct. 06, 2008 6:34 am

Thanks for the reply Greg. I am actually experimenting with ducting and I am having good results but it hasn't got really cold yet. I am just trying to weigh all my options. I will try to call my dealer today to see if he has any in stock.

Anybody want to trade their LL Econo for an AK Kast Console? :D

Thanks,

Mark

Adamiscold

Post by Adamiscold » Mon. Oct. 06, 2008 9:14 am

Mark

Like Greg said the Magnum should be able to heat your little 1350sq house with proper ducting running through out the house with no problems. Duct work is a lot cheaper then the cost for a new stove upstairs.

heatwithcoal

Post by heatwithcoal » Mon. Oct. 06, 2008 9:39 am

I am running a few "science experiments" with flexible insulated ductwork, inline duct fan etc and getting pretty good results, although it hasn't got cold here yet. 40* low last night and the entire house was at 70* in the morning with the pellet stove not coming on at all through the night. While it is a small raised ranch, the mag is at one end is in the uninsulated basement so really its 2700 sqft, with half of it being concrete walls.

Adamiscold

Post by Adamiscold » Mon. Oct. 06, 2008 10:15 am

Of course adding any insulation to the basement will help in the heat loss. Just note that a rigid duct line will produce better air flow then a flexible duct line were the air is getting caught up on the flex part of the duct.

Jerry & Karen

Post by Jerry & Karen » Mon. Oct. 06, 2008 7:10 pm

Our projected catch up time is late Jan. 09.
Jer

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”