Journalist Seeks Coal Users

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Sun. Oct. 05, 2008 10:54 pm

Stay on topic please. There was few posts removed.

Dan

Post by Dan » Mon. Oct. 06, 2008 11:10 am

traderfjp wrote:Sounds good unless you're going to twist it around and turn it into an unfavorable story against coal. SOrry but I don't trust the media. I would rather stay under the radar and let others figure it out for themselves. I don't want my neighbors reading a story that could turn them against my heating with coal.
AMEN !

Dan in PA (Where We Cling To Guns and Religion !)

BIG BEAM

Post by BIG BEAM » Mon. Oct. 06, 2008 9:19 pm

I was on a small village board for 8 yrs.ANY contact I EVER had with ANY newspaper was negative! Good news doesn't sell only gloom and doom.
I for one will NEVER EVER talk with anyone connected to any media outlet.I have never seen such a dishonest profession.ANYTHING you say will be twisted to further THEIR agenda and you don't know what that is until it's printed.
DON

siblay

Post by siblay » Mon. Oct. 06, 2008 9:52 pm

Does that include O'Reilly and Limbaugh?

BIG BEAM

Post by BIG BEAM » Mon. Oct. 06, 2008 10:11 pm

YES....they further their agenda too ! They play to their listeners also.I listen and read both sides of the fence and all media people "slant" the news ! I am very conservative but I see the bias on both sides of the fence.
DON

I even listen to NPR sometimes but after about 1/2 hour my ears start to bleed :shock:

siblay

Post by siblay » Tue. Oct. 07, 2008 6:49 am

Good for you! For what it's worth, I'm a liberal (the sole coalpail.com lefty?) who has no use for the Michael Moores of the world. I was in the media for 12 years before walking away from that career (radio broadcasting), so I certainly undertsand some of the views expressed.
I'm now an automotive sales manager and hate getting pigeon holed with the stereotypical scum we have all dealt with at one time or another. In short, I know both sides of this fence. I guess my $.02 is don't rush to judgement on this reporter. Might be the good one that is few and far between and shouldn't be dismissed because of all the others who disgrace the profession.

Devil505

Post by Devil505 » Tue. Oct. 07, 2008 6:57 am

For what it's worth, I'm a liberal (the sole coalpail.com lefty?)
Nope...There are a few of us here. ;)
Heard back from Bray at the Globe. Asked for my phone # so I'll keep you posted.

Duengeon master
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark III
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite pea and nut mix. Bituminous lump

Post by Duengeon master » Tue. Oct. 07, 2008 8:47 am

I just came from Redners grocery store. In the checkout line I noticed a newspaper that said, "I got a haircut from Elvis on a U.F.O." toothy As far as I am concerned It must be true or else why would they print it in the paper. :gee:

Devil505

Post by Devil505 » Tue. Oct. 07, 2008 8:54 am

Net search of H. Bray shows he is a technology reporter with the Boston Globe's business department. I would assume he will write an impartial story from a technological/human interest perspective.

Devil505

Post by Devil505 » Tue. Oct. 07, 2008 9:02 am

Orvis said:

They are in the tank for obama. They push filthy lies about palin.

In actuality, here's a headline from 2005 concerning H. Bray's political bent:
http://mediamatters.org/research/2005/03/01/bosto ... err/132824

Boston Globe reporter used blogs to attack Kerry, support Bush during '04 campaign

traderfjp

Post by traderfjp » Tue. Oct. 07, 2008 9:15 am

ASSume. Not a good practice to take with reporters. I guess I can sit in the corner of the room and breathe heavy when the coal police come to remove my stove.

coaledsweat
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by coaledsweat » Tue. Oct. 07, 2008 9:22 am

I see a new Bray headline. "NEPA littered with bodies of Coal Police". :)

orvis

Post by orvis » Wed. Oct. 08, 2008 4:46 pm

Good for you! For what it's worth, I'm a liberal (the sole coalpail.com lefty?) who has no use for the Michael Moores of the world. I was in the media for 12 years before walking away from that career (radio broadcasting), so I certainly undertsand some of the views expressed.
I'm now an automotive sales manager and hate getting pigeon holed with the stereotypical scum we have all dealt with at one time or another. In short, I know both sides of this fence. I guess my $.02 is don't rush to judgement on this reporter. Might be the good one that is few and far between and shouldn't be dismissed because of all the others who disgrace the profession.
You may be a *classical* liberal, which is extinct in the democrat party. This species has been reclassified as the new republican.
The reporter might be *good* as a person, maybe he has a little hobby drawing Disney characters, but he wants an interview for the boston globe, not for his own independant use. We do need to keep in mind what organization he works for. The boston globe is not a friend of the classical liberal or the new republican.
In any case, think of a newspaper/tv article which was about something in which you are an expert, you have done it at work for years. Have you EVER known such an article to be correct?
Now think about all the articles you see in the paper/tv in which you are NOT and expert. :mad:

Devil505

Post by Devil505 » Wed. Oct. 08, 2008 4:55 pm

I just don't get it?? We are in the middle of an economic crisis & everyone is looking for alternatives to middle east oil to heat their homes. ........So, we have a technology reporter for a major newspaper wanting to write a story on people who heat their home with a "non-traditional", non middle eastern fuel source. I don't see this as being a political "Trojan Horse" story.....What's the problem?? :?: :?: :confused:

BIG BEAM

Post by BIG BEAM » Wed. Oct. 08, 2008 6:10 pm

OK I'll bite;
I don't care if the gist of this article is about alt. heating.There will still be a thick layer (blathering) of left wing dribble.They can't help it.The right would do the same thing.
MARK MY WORDS.And it will only hurt anthacite coal.At the very least they will group anthacite in with bit coal.
DON

Oh yeah Devil,I'm only trying to help you through your political withdrawal.

You must be getting the shakes by now :P

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”