Another Coal Season

joeq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: G111, Southard Robertson

Post by joeq » Sun. Oct. 23, 2022 5:38 pm

And once again, the new season is "almost" upon me.
Still procrastinating start-up, cause the days are sometimes in the 60s, and nights in the 50s, but there have been some cool ones. The oil burner has been active, on occasion. To take the bite outta the house, sometimes in the AM, and home from work. When the house drops to 60°, I feel guilty, if my daughter has been home all day, wearing a hooded sweat shirt, and buried under covers. :|

My local coal supplier isn't having a pleasant year. Their supply has seriously dwindled, and I was warned, and fortunate to pick up the last ton of LeHigh stove coal. I believe it was left-over from last season. Also got some Santa nut coal, and it was very slight in storage too. Of course the new administration has nothing to do with the prices and supply.
Maybe you members from the Pa area have more reliable news than what I've heard up here in the North East, but my supplier tells me LeHigh is exporting all their coal to Europe, and that's why there're none here.

So I drug home my 2 ton for the season, and even have a couple weeks left from last years load.
Tree and coal 002.JPG
.JPG | 525.6KB | Tree and coal 002.JPG
Tree and coal 003.JPG
.JPG | 631.7KB | Tree and coal 003.JPG
And I believe some of our younger competitors on the "brand X" wood burning site, like the exercise of chopping and splitting wood, but I got mine today, by unloading 4 thousand pounds by hand, off the truck, and trailer, because I don't own a forklift.
But it's all good. I burned some calories, and am ready and willing for Nov. (?), Dec (?) burning. Let's see what mother nature has for us this year. Altho the price of coal is about 30% more, I'll still save about a grand in heating this yr, thanks to democrat pricing. (Oh, did I say that out loud?) :o
Coal 2022-23 001.JPG
.JPG | 531.1KB | Coal 2022-23 001.JPG
Coal 2022-23 002.JPG
.JPG | 525.2KB | Coal 2022-23 002.JPG

waytomany?s
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark II
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Looking
Baseburners & Antiques: Looking
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: newmac wood/coal combo furnace

Post by waytomany?s » Sun. Oct. 23, 2022 6:59 pm

Oooh, that's t-shirt worthy. Oh, Lee-ee!

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sun. Oct. 23, 2022 7:03 pm

Nice truck. I miss my stake body.

joeq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: G111, Southard Robertson

Post by joeq » Sun. Oct. 23, 2022 7:24 pm

6.2 diesel Rob. Not powerful, but good on fuel. (Better B4 9-11, when diesel prices were cheaper than gas.)
The stake bed sure is handy, but really "ugly". Was yours military, and gas powered?

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”