just filled up with jeddo

KingCoal
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 1 comforter stove works all iron coal box stove, seventies.
Baseburners & Antiques: 2014 DTS C17 Base Burner, GW #6, GW 113 formerly Sir Williams, maybe others at Pauliewog’s I’ve forgotten about
Coal Size/Type: Nut Anth.
Other Heating: none

Post by KingCoal » Tue. Jun. 28, 2022 6:37 pm

$167 / ton and $85 / trucking , $252 / ton delivered
I’m one call away from going ahead, $350 is the lowest I can get for 12 ton delivered local
That’s 2/3s of the PA cost for half as much coal ,not the best deal on the street
If I get it and end up not being able to sell off a couple of 3 ton loads or so it won’t hurt my feelings as much as paying twice as much as my last load

Lightning
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Modified AA 130
Coal Size/Type: Pea Size - Anthracite

Post by Lightning » Tue. Jun. 28, 2022 6:59 pm

$252 per ton delivered is a really good price, get it while you can. It's more valuable than money in the bank. You'll be smiling when nobody can find it for less than $400 a ton at the breaker in 6 months. Scratch that, 3 months.

Retro_Origin
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1957 Axeman Anderson 130
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat / Pea

Post by Retro_Origin » Tue. Jun. 28, 2022 9:15 pm

Yeah I think shortage is the word, not price. Just went and got another ton at Shermans' today. Got about 9 tons right now. Fill 'er up!

KingCoal
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 1 comforter stove works all iron coal box stove, seventies.
Baseburners & Antiques: 2014 DTS C17 Base Burner, GW #6, GW 113 formerly Sir Williams, maybe others at Pauliewog’s I’ve forgotten about

Post by KingCoal » Wed. Jun. 29, 2022 7:28 pm

Made a second call to Robert at Jeddo today at 4 pm and left a message that I’m ready to go for 24 tons.
Will be waiting hopefully for a return call tomorrow.
I don’t expect it to arrive till after the 4th.
Thanks for all the input,
steve

KingCoal

Post by KingCoal » Wed. Jun. 29, 2022 9:31 pm

KingCoal wrote:
Tue. Jun. 28, 2022 10:42 am
Well I made a very critical error by delaying in making another bulk purchase
Can’t get less than 24 tons out here and at $85.00 a ton for trucking
So that would be an increase from $3200 for 23 tons in 1996 to over $6,000 today
I would have gone for it if I could get 12 tons figuring roughly $250 a ton delivered
Now I need to hurry up and find local bulk or bag picked up for as close to that as I can 😖
I need to correct this I bought that 23 tons from Lehigh in 2016 NOT 1996
FF how did you not catch that ??? We’re both slipping I tell ya 😵💫

lincolnmania
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 350
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: reading allegheny stoker
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: alaska kodiak stoker 1986. 1987 triburner, 1987 crane diamond
Coal Size/Type: rice

Post by lincolnmania » Wed. Jun. 29, 2022 9:40 pm

Lightning wrote:
Tue. Jun. 28, 2022 6:59 pm
$252 per ton delivered is a really good price, get it while you can. It's more valuable than money in the bank. You'll be smiling when nobody can find it for less than $400 a ton at the breaker in 6 months. Scratch that, 3 months.
Really really good price. Paid $287 a ton for coal delivered to Berks county today and was told that it will be around 400 a ton next time.

KingCoal

Post by KingCoal » Thu. Jun. 30, 2022 12:07 pm

Yea !! Got solid confirmation for 24 tons at $252 delivered
Not just that but the guy bringing it has a walking floor trailer. Most of it I’ll be able to get straight in the bin !!

Depending on how successful I am at trimming my use the combined 28 tons I’ll have here will be 9-14 years of uninterruptible heat supply

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Thu. Jun. 30, 2022 1:17 pm

KingCoal wrote:
Thu. Jun. 30, 2022 12:07 pm
Yea !! Got solid confirmation for 24 tons at $252 delivered
Not just that but the guy bringing it has a walking floor trailer. Most of it I’ll be able to get straight in the bin !!

Depending on how successful I am at trimming my use the combined 28 tons I’ll have here will be 9-14 years of uninterruptible heat supply
That is excellent. There is no better way to "lock in" your heating costs than to have what you need already on-site.

Lightning
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Modified AA 130
Coal Size/Type: Pea Size - Anthracite

Post by Lightning » Thu. Jun. 30, 2022 1:25 pm

Awesome work Steve! I'm jelly, I've got almost 3 years worth on the property, 15 tons. Who sets up the trucking for that? Jeddo?

KingCoal

Post by KingCoal » Thu. Jun. 30, 2022 5:57 pm

Lee, yes I called to be sure Robert had gotten my message and he instantly started a conference call with the trucker he had already arranged.
So, I got to talk with him directly for address and schedule particulars at this end, he will be calling me directly when he knows when he can leave to come out, not anymore this week or weekend which I never expected anyway.
Robert is about as considerate and detailed a person you could want to deal with for a transaction of this kind across nearly 700 miles
So far I’m thrilled, depending on how my use goes I could be 82 before I need to buy any more and there is no guarantee it’s going to be available at that time. I wish I could do a second load right now to have some to sell to unfortunates that get stuck in the no gas, oil or solid fuels for heating drama that I am sure is coming

Retro_Origin

Post by Retro_Origin » Fri. Jul. 01, 2022 9:15 pm

KingCoal wrote:
Thu. Jun. 30, 2022 5:57 pm
I wish I could do a second load right now to have some to sell to unfortunates that get stuck in the no gas, oil or solid fuels for heating drama that I am sure is coming
We'll be burning dollar bills, since they won't be worth anything. Has anyone posted anything about converting a stoker to burn wood? Seems like the only real limit would be fire door size and whether or not your local authorities will catch you.

waytomany?s
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark II
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Looking
Baseburners & Antiques: Looking
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: newmac wood/coal combo furnace

Post by waytomany?s » Sat. Jul. 02, 2022 8:36 am

Retro_Origin wrote:
Fri. Jul. 01, 2022 9:15 pm
We'll be burning dollar bills, since they won't be worth anything. Has anyone posted anything about converting a stoker to burn wood? Seems like the only real limit would be fire door size and whether or not your local authorities will catch you.
Is there some smoke police or something? I'm only sort of kidding. I don't believe any authority is going to bother anyone this winter considering the current state of the world. Smoke would be pretty low on the list of concerns. Depending on size of your stoker you could make a stand above the ash pan and burn wood on that. I would be curious what draft changes would need to be made. Some number cruncher type person should determine btu value comparison of a stoker on low and how much wood it takes to be equivalent size fire.

Retro_Origin

Post by Retro_Origin » Sat. Jul. 02, 2022 9:46 am

waytomany?s wrote:
Sat. Jul. 02, 2022 8:36 am
Is there some smoke police or something? I'm only sort of kidding. I don't believe any authority is going to bother anyone this winter considering the current state of the world. Smoke would be pretty low on the list of concerns. Depending on size of your stoker you could make a stand above the ash pan and burn wood on that. I would be curious what draft changes would need to be made. Some number cruncher type person should determine btu value comparison of a stoker on low and how much wood it takes to be equivalent size fire.
Haha, yeah well I'm just a paranoid person. I think the po-po will somehow catch the fact my car is out of inspection as they pass me at 75 mi/hr on the freeway. Haha, I live semi-rural, in town but enough to think maybe someone would smell wood smoke and complain about it. Although on a 30+ foot chimney is that actually realistic to smell?

waytomany?s
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark II
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Looking
Baseburners & Antiques: Looking
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: newmac wood/coal combo furnace

Post by waytomany?s » Sat. Jul. 02, 2022 12:17 pm

Yes, still smell it. I can be out hunting and smell wood smoke from the house if Im roughly in line with the Wind. Yo have no worries there then. Fwiw, my inspection was up in February and I got it inspected Wednesday. :clap:

nut
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Glacier Bay
Coal Size/Type: nut
Other Heating: electric

Post by nut » Mon. Jul. 04, 2022 9:25 am

How's Jeddo compare to Blaschak?

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”