Which manometer/magnahelic

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Thu. Oct. 22, 2020 12:23 pm

Wonderful H--as long as you're not complicatin the hell out of the whole venture!! LOL been tryin, but I couldn't help myself!! :)

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Thu. Oct. 22, 2020 1:35 pm

freetown fred wrote:
Thu. Oct. 22, 2020 12:23 pm
Wonderful H--as long as you're not complicatin the hell out of the whole venture!! LOL been tryin, but I couldn't help myself!! :)
You couldn’t stand it could you? 😂😂

That’s ok. Any less from you and I’d know you wasn’t feeling well. Glad you’re well enough to give me ten degrees of Hates. Ha ha!!

Not really doing this for my stove draft. This old masonry chimney has proved what she’s capable of, but for the sake of educating myself against scam chimney sweeps I want solid info of what this chimney is doing versus when I get around to making repairs/changes. I’m thinking tear out 5 simple 8”x8” square liners and relining with round clay 7”. That in case we ever sell and someone wants to burn wood again. Most stoves these days are 6” but a few like Blaze King King models are 8”. Most sweeps want to match the liner with the stove. The law says I can go under or over by 1”...so 7” is perfect. The 7” round will also fit down in my brick chimney without tearing out the brick.

If the numbers are good enough I may just bite the bullet, pay the cost and have it Heatshielded and leave it as is. That would take care of cracks/gaps and help it draft better by holding in more heat. Of course, I don’t want to poison us either by too low a draft with coal. Once I find out what it’s doing I’ll likely pull the probe and insert a screw in the pipe. Not interested in looking at a manometer all the time. We’ll see. I do like the wall mounts some members have done. Boss will be the final word though. Lol!

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Mon. Oct. 26, 2020 2:25 pm

Ok...got my manometer today.

For anyone thinking you won't be able to see the indicator lines, don't worry. This thing is huge. About the size of a5"x7" picture frame, so it'll be plenty easy to read from a few feet away. Looking at the photo's of them here on the forum don't do them justice as far as giving you an idea of their size.

Mine came with directions (sort of vague), small bottle of red fluid and some screws as well as some plastic fittings, but it did not come with the metal leveling bracket for some reason. Did anyone else get the metal bracket with theirs in the box?

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”