When is Ash Pan Full?

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Sun. Jan. 05, 2020 11:38 am

freetown fred wrote:
Tue. Dec. 31, 2019 12:18 pm
My timer/alert system works REAL well--Redbone Coon Hound/ Black Lab pup starts barkin at the old HITZER!!! :)
Looks more like a fox red Labrador than a Redbone. Regardless two nice looking hounds, particularly that black pup. Any special breeding, or just “run of the mill”?

I have a “mill” pup my wife brought home from a farmer. Had her talked out of then she went plum goofy on me and broke a cardinal rule, then got away with it. Lol!!!

Nice friendly, smart, ornery, mischievous, birdie pup. When I finish putting the training on her she’ll make a nice hunting pup for the boy and me. She’s eleven months now, and needs to mature up some.

I prefer straight up bonafide pure hunting Labs from English or American field trial stock.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sun. Jan. 05, 2020 11:57 am

Of course ya do!! ;) Special breeding???? I guess so, he's here!! LOL Redbone/blk. lab :) Mom was papered redbone/ dad papered blk lab--interesting mix--at 7 mos--he's just still puppy crazy!! double LOL

Hoytman
Location: swOH near a little town where the homes are mobile and the cars aren’t
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 354
Coal Size/Type: nut coal
Other Heating: electric, wood, oil

Post by Hoytman » Mon. Jan. 13, 2020 7:01 pm

I always hated a dog in the house, still do for the dog hair. The wife and son do a good job with that. They don’t like to hear dad bark. Lol!!!

Most of my dogs have been Labradors and we’ve now had more inside than out. I will admit, they are smarter being with you every day and I enjoy their company too. Like anything else in life there’s pro’s and cons...give and take. This will probably be our last one inside all the time. I’m going to start acclimating them for both the house and a kennel.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Mon. Jan. 13, 2020 7:45 pm

Then you would like my duct-taped sofa cushion H!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The pup is getting better but we're putting off getting a new sofa till spring!! DOUBLE LOL

crazysteamer
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker A150
Coal Size/Type: Rice (usually Blaschack)
Other Heating: Propane

Post by crazysteamer » Mon. Jan. 13, 2020 9:11 pm

my electronic 'dog substitute' is looking better and better.... :roll:

joethemechanic

Post by joethemechanic » Tue. Jan. 14, 2020 4:01 pm

I'm not sure I would consider the design of a steam locomotive as the work of dumb-dumbs with their brain in neutral. Pennsylvania RR at one time had a research and testing facility staffed by some of the best and brightest engineers in the world. Those guys created the formulas we use, and they did it without the aid of computers or even calculators.

Altoona Shops

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”