Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW), ComfortMax 75

Post by lsayre » Thu. Nov. 07, 2019 4:13 pm

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Thu. Nov. 07, 2019 5:07 pm

Here its been cold but worse is moisture. In mid-Septemeber we beat our all time precipitation record for the year and have been adding to it all the time. Last winter was the most snow ever here, not to mention the blizzard from hell, 11" of snow and 50 MPH winds for 24 hours, and the several day -30 spell, then an ice storm in April that knocked down a lot of poles and wires. Rain all spring and summer accept there was a single 30 day period in late July to late August that was nice weather. The rest of the year since mid January has sucked. I surrendered to the weather long ago this year. I want a drought! I vented and I feel better, lol Hope its been better elsewhere in this country, but I know its been wet most places. That worse than cold weather, the moisture.

Toddburn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 983/ Hitzer 55
Coal Size/Type: Nut anthracite/pea
Other Heating: Heat pump/forced air

Post by Toddburn » Thu. Nov. 07, 2019 6:42 pm

Same thing here in sw Pennsylvania. Polar vortex winter. Hurricane winds spring. Monsoon summer. This years garden was a real struggle. Thinking about planting a rice paddy next year along with a cranberry bog! We did have a decent stretch in September. Now I feel better for venting too. Thanks Warminmn!

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”