Pennsylvania to save NUCLEAR with BAILOUT

oros35
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Cozeburn OWB burning Bit
Baseburners & Antiques: 1912 Smith & Anthony Hub Heater #215

Post by oros35 » Wed. Mar. 13, 2019 8:47 am

McGiever wrote:
Tue. Mar. 12, 2019 3:16 pm
Brian, do wearing those yellow jammies make you sleepy like they do me during a hatch watch? ;) (inside joke)
:D

franpipeman
Stoker Coal Boiler: efm 520 stoker fitzgibbons pressure vessel
Hand Fed Coal Stove: harman, russo
Coal Size/Type: rice
Other Heating: alpine propane condensing boiler radiant floor

Post by franpipeman » Wed. Mar. 13, 2019 9:15 am

Looks to me that in short i carbon tax or a co2 tax would go a long way to straighten out our energy selections for the good of everything.

CoalisCoolxWarm
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: old Sears rebuilt, bituminous- offline as of winter 2014
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Buckwheat
Other Heating: Oil Boiler

Post by CoalisCoolxWarm » Wed. Mar. 13, 2019 11:18 am

Tired of Pennsylvania Citizens being exploited for energy costs.

Time to implement a TARIFF that ensures the CHEAPEST electricity is sold first within the state, then and only then can out of state customers be supplied at 40% premium charge.

WE deal with the trucks, pollution, risks, roads, etc. Not a complaint, it is our lot in life. WE should reap first fruits of OUR resources and efforts.

Other states who want our electricity will want lower prices, so will work to reduce our production costs- instead of overburdening our production.

THAT is how you 1) Induce a productive and cost effective commodity market for producers, and 2) Keep others' noses out of our business

Pennsylvanians win. Others still get fair prices but have to surrender their attempts at controlling and extorting us.

Get that done and watch our people benefit and our state grow.

hank2
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1400 WH ciculator; 1880's small cannon in reserve
Coal Size/Type: Nut
Other Heating: small New Yorker oil fired boiler; mostly used for domestic HW

Post by hank2 » Sun. Mar. 17, 2019 12:29 am

Germany closed 12 of their 19 nuclear power plants. Much ado was made on the web recently by greens celebrating the closure of the last German Anthracite mine. Of course, they are still importing Anthracite. What none of the activists tell you, is that due to failing to meet energy needs on many days with "new" energy, Germany has been crawling to the Russian "oil guys". Many lignite power plants and lignite mines have been reopened. That is some nasty stuff compared to Anthracite or nuclear. Maybe not worse than the US plants that burn sub bit C? At least their mandates required maintenance of lignite plants so they could be reopened in energy crisis's.

I say keep as many of the US nuke plants as possible, even though many are slated for closure.

coalfan
Hand Fed Coal Stove: ds circultor1500 \chubby coal stove
Coal Size/Type: nut/ pea ant.some bit.
Other Heating: kerosene\cold nat. gas

Post by coalfan » Sun. Mar. 17, 2019 1:28 am

NUK IS NOT SAFE !!!!!!!!!!!!! explain where the dam spent rods go AND FOR HOW LONG THEY R DANGEROUS BULLL ST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”