NPR on heating with coal

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Wed. Mar. 06, 2019 2:45 pm

I was bored then like I am today when it is to cold to go out. Moderators are supposed to entertain. You supplied no details of your equipment/adventures. Today would be a great time to step up to the plate.

AllanD
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HAND FIRED HARMON
Coal Size/Type: STOVE
Other Heating: Oil fired hotwater baseboard

Post by AllanD » Fri. Mar. 08, 2019 2:53 am

Where I grew up In New Jersey THE most noticeable thing at night out my bedroom window was the large Neon sign atop the Blue Coal building on it's high tressel railroad siding on the border of Glen Ridge and Montclair NJ.

When I was six or so they shut it off forever and I suspect they were out of business by that point but that building as it was perched high off the ground to allow bottom dump rail cars to deliver the coal it was still there through my Jr HS years, but My brother and some friends and I walked the abandoned tracks up in there and were stunned to discover that abandoned with the building were a hundred or so tons of coal in various grades (Sizes) before it was all torn down and the abandoned lumber yard adjacent to it were leveled to build garden apartments in the mid-70's.

lincolnmania
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 350
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: reading allegheny stoker
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: alaska kodiak stoker 1986. 1987 triburner, 1987 crane diamond
Coal Size/Type: rice

Post by lincolnmania » Fri. Mar. 08, 2019 10:48 am

2 coal dealers in berks county. countryside coal in bethel is the other one.

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”