Baseburners & Antiques: Grodin Petite
Other Heating: electric radiators until used boiler hook up

Post by Bubbalowe » Mon. Jan. 28, 2019 10:47 am

"It's not easy bein' green" Kermit

Rufcar
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van wert
Coal Size/Type: rice

Post by Rufcar » Mon. Jan. 28, 2019 3:41 pm

Did a lot of reading about coal futures this past weekend. Spoke to Kimmel coal today about suppliers and will publish that list as soon as I get it. There is a new book out on the Anthracite coal regions its rather expensive at $5800 a copy! lol Here is a summery of what it contains: Anthracite is a hard and compact variety of coal that has the highest content of carbon amongst all types of coals. With fewer impurities & highest calorific value there is a global increase in anthracite’s demand which is escalating the anthracite coal mining market. It accounts for only 1% of the total world’s coal reserves. Residue left over after the combustion of anthracite has fewer impurities with negligible smoke compared to other varieties of coal which makes it an efficient fuel. The global market for anthracite coal mining keeps on changing and evolving based on new partnerships, acquisitions or new players. There is a fundamental shift in the mineral resources market where the traditional producers and suppliers are diverting supplies to domestic consumers and are focusing on its imports.

Anthracite is the most favored PCI’s (pulverized coal injection products) and ULV (ultra low volatile products) that is directly fed into blast furnace in countries such as China and India. The use of coke has been reduced by anthracite, as it is a superior and cleaner substitute; moreover the worldwide shortage of coke and its relatively high price has strengthened the demand for ULV anthracite in future. The use of ULV is sought by steel mills as it provides superior performance due to higher carbon and energy content. This has immensely increased the market for anthracite coal mining. Mining is a risk prone task which destroys the land and emits harmful gases besides the anthracite mines are prone to danger that includes roof falls, explosions, mine fires and collapsing of mines. The miners fear many types of natural incidents that can be caused by properties of coal and underground atmosphere such as “marsh gas” and “fire damp”.

Anthracite is classified in to three grades based on its carbon content and its mining is done based on the type of coal required. The segmentation of anthracite mining market is done on the basis of anthracite coal grades:
Standard grade
High grade
Ultra-high grade
The segmentation of anthracite coal mining market can also be done on the basis of types of mining in anthracite fields as follows:
Shaft mine
Drift mine
Slope mine
Surface mine
Anthracite can be extracted from the mountain forming areas where the metamorphosed anthracite coal deposits are found. The anthracite coal mining market is segmented in the basis of regions as:
Pennsylvania
China
Vietnam
North Korea
U.S.
The end users of anthracite coal include sectors such as power industry, railway, coke producers, steel manufacturers and commercial users. Some of the other areas of application of anthracite include as a coke substitute in chemical industries, in building material production, sugar production and in production of plastics, sorbents & adsorbents.

Some of the key players of this market include Bathurst Resources, Cokal, Attila resources, Carabella Resources, Tigers Realm, Jameson Resources, Aspire Mining. Other small users include Aberdeen Mining Company, Baker, Walter L, Anthracite Mine Rescue Inc. Barren Coal Co., Blaschak Coal Corporation, Jeddo Coal Company, Coal Contractors Inc., BD Mining Co Inc., Carbon Sales Inc., Hudson Anthracite and State Industries Inc.

This research report analyzes this market depending on its market segments, major geographies, and current market trends. Geographies analyzed under this research report include
North America
Asia Pacific
Europe
Rest of the World
This report provides comprehensive analysis of
Market growth drivers
Factors limiting market growth
Current market trends
Market structure
Market projections for upcoming years
This report is a complete study of current trends in the market, industry growth drivers, and restraints. It provides market projections for the coming years. It includes analysis of recent developments in technology, Porter’s five force model analysis and detailed profiles of top industry players. The report also includes a review of micro and macro factors essential for the existing market players and new entrants along with detailed value chain analysis.

Reasons for Buying this Report
This report provides pin-point analysis for changing competitive dynamics
It provides a forward looking perspective on different factors driving or restraining market growth
It provides a six-year forecast assessed on the basis of how the market is predicted to grow
It helps in understanding the key product segments and their future
It provides pin point analysis of changing competition dynamics and keeps you ahead of competitors
It helps in making informed business decisions by having complete insights of market and by making in-depth analysis of market segments
It provides distinctive graphics and exemplified SWOT analysis of major market segments.

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”