Real Men Burn Bit!

Kielanders

Post by Kielanders » Mon. Jan. 01, 2018 8:37 pm

KingCoal wrote:
Mon. Jan. 01, 2018 8:29 pm
while i would dearly love to watch Alaska outside my window, i have to admit i just don't want to fight that hard to keep it out of the house.
From the looks of things, I believe you ARE having an Alaska winter down there right now - and I think we've been getting yours, as it's been fairly mild for us. We live on the coast, so even we don't get the brutal winters like up in the interior, but winter will still last until May in some form.

Hope you stay warm and stay safe and that the weather down there gets a bit more sane for you guys in the New Year.

dbsuz05
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Burnham 23"

Post by dbsuz05 » Mon. Jan. 01, 2018 10:21 pm

Bit is half the price! And the mess stays in the garage anyways. Had my fair share of doors blowing open! Really cleans the pipes out... and then dusts the cars and driveway with soot!!

warminmn
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Junior, Efel Nestor Martin, Riteway 37
Coal Size/Type: nut and stove anthracite, lignite
Other Heating: Wood and wear a wool shirt

Post by warminmn » Mon. Jan. 01, 2018 11:40 pm

Hi Kie! Your climate in Seward is an interesting one. I remember doing a little research and your temp is almost the same on average as here in the frozen tundra of MN, just cooler in the summers and warmer in the winter, both by 30 degrees, more less. Living by the ocean has to be interesting for sure!

Keep burning those black rocks! Someday they'll get those Alaskan anthracite mines pumping and you'll be ready for them with your Harmans.

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”