9 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 14278
- Joined: Wed. Nov. 23, 2005 9:17 pm
- Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
- Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Anthracite Pea
- Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW), ComfortMax 75
- Location: N/E Ohio, between Medina and Wadsworth
Presently 40 degrees here, and going down to anywhere between 32 to 36 degrees tonight in the surrounding area. The frost warning is in effect from 2 AM to 10 AM. I think I'll just burn some wood to fend it off until the real stuff comes along and switches us over to coal (which for me means simply turning on the coal boilers T-Stats).
- Posts: 5570
- Joined: Sun. Jun. 14, 2009 2:31 pm
- Coal Size/Type: nut/pea/anthra
- Stove/Furnace Make: Hitzer
- Stove/Furnace Model: 503
Was going to fire up the stove. Needed new firebricks. Got one less than was needed. Lucky the store is right down the street. Back tomorrow I guess, unless the temp spikes.
- Hambden Bob
- Posts: 6729
- Joined: Mon. Jan. 04, 2010 10:54 am
- Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
- Hand Fed Coal Stove: Blower Model Coal Chubby 1982-Serial#0097
- Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni ! / Nut
- Other Heating: Pro-Pain Forced Air
- Location: Hambden Twp. Geauga County,Ohio
Woke up to a Balmy 36*. No Complaints,as it's been pretty Tropical for this time of Year. Now,I do believe FFred's the Ice Cube King so far,up on 'Der Hill !
- Posts: 3966
- Joined: Mon. Mar. 10, 2014 10:06 pm
- Stoker Coal Boiler: 1984 Eshland S260 coal gun
- Coal Size/Type: Lehigh anthracite pea
- Other Heating: oil furnace
- Location: Peasleeville NY
28 this morning on my hill! Boiler is purring along in the building, radiators keeping the basement 72 and upstairs set at 74. been lit since last Saturday.
- Site Moderator
- Posts: 12502
- Joined: Fri. Dec. 28, 2007 4:26 pm
- Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM DF520
- Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93
- Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Rice
- Other Heating: Dad's 1953 EFM Highboy
- Location: Chazy, NY
First frost of the season for me. 32 degrees and a light coating of white on the grass.
- Posts: 6019
- Joined: Fri. Nov. 22, 2013 2:17 pm
- Stoker Coal Boiler: 1960 EFM520 installed in truck box
- Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404 with variable blower
- Coal Size/Type: 404-nut, 520 rice ,anthracite for both
- Location: Jonestown,Pa.17038
3rd frost here,the other 2 were lite ,this morning it was 32* & heavy frost.