How Do You Store a 20 Ton Truckload? Let's See Pics!

beatle78

Post by beatle78 » Mon. Aug. 18, 2008 12:31 pm

coalkirk wrote:So Saturday morning, I went to his landscape business only to find that someone decided they liked my coal more than I did. A big chunk of it was gone! :shock: His place is not fenced or gated and his house which is on the property can't be seen from where the business is. Some SOB had backed up there and took what I estimated to be about 2 tons.
ARGGGG.... are there many people in your town that burn coal?

If you have a local dealer that supply's coal, ask him is any people that usually get deliveries are not getting theirs this year. That will tell you who stole it and by the looks of your boys, you won't have any trouble getting it back ;)

vtec350

Post by vtec350 » Mon. Aug. 18, 2008 12:44 pm

Damn, I hate thieves :rambo2: :rambo2:

Ask around, you never know who might have seen something.

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Mon. Aug. 18, 2008 12:56 pm

Ohh man, I hate thieves. How can they sleep at night? It blows me away how bold some people are. Sorry that you got ripped off.

coaledsweat
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by coaledsweat » Mon. Aug. 18, 2008 1:24 pm

Can we still hang coal thieves?

coalkirk
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1981 EFM DF520 retired
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Jotul 507 on standby
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh anthracite/rice coal

Post by coalkirk » Mon. Aug. 18, 2008 1:28 pm

I'm over it. There are lots of coal burners but no delivery. Everyone picks up their own coal. I hate theives too! If I could have caught them in the act, I'd probably need an attorney right now. As I get older I try to keep in mind not letting things that I can't change make me too upset. I used to let things like that get me really upset and then I finally realized that after I got all upset and made a big fuss, when it's all over nothing has changed except that now I'm all upset! I think the boys saw that "look in me eye" like I wanted to kill someone Saturday morning. They were great which was was the lemonade that got made from the lemons. We moved all of that coal Saturday and Sunday, loading over half of it by hand. All of it was unloaded by hand. They really stepped up to the plate. I'm pretty sore today but they did most of the shoveling. Takes about 20-25 minutes to load 2 tons by hand, alittle less to unload. I've got great boys. :D

Adamiscold

Post by Adamiscold » Mon. Aug. 18, 2008 3:08 pm

Coal

I'm glad your over it, even though it still don't make it right,. But you are right, you being upset and all is not bothering the thief's who took your coal one bit. Bright side is you have a good family, well expect that one guy who kept pushing you off his to do list, but the boys sound like they are raised right.

Nothing is better then good friends and family. :cheers:

beatle78

Post by beatle78 » Mon. Aug. 18, 2008 8:40 pm

great attitude....

someone backed into my NEW to me truck at Home Depot (aka evil empire) last week and put a HOLE in my rear quarter panel and took off :mad: :mad: :mad: ......

I try not to let it get to me....but..... :mad: :mad: :mad:

Freddy
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Post by Freddy » Mon. Aug. 18, 2008 9:10 pm

beatle78 wrote:put a HOLE in my rear quarter panel and took off
The insurance will want you to pay the deductable. Remind them that there is no deductable for vandalism. When they say it wasn't vandalism, tell them it most certainly was for if it wasn't he would have left his name. Worked for me!

vtec350

Post by vtec350 » Mon. Aug. 18, 2008 9:39 pm

Beatle
Same thing happend to me a few years back at Home Cheapo. I came out and someone backed into the front bumper of my truck and took off. My insurance called it something like a no fault accident and I didn't have to pay any deduct....

Dave

Devil505

Post by Devil505 » Mon. Aug. 18, 2008 9:50 pm

Can't believe nobody wrote down a license # an attached it to the damaged car/truck! Just don't understand anyone doing something like that in the first place! :mad:

Adamiscold

Post by Adamiscold » Tue. Aug. 19, 2008 9:53 am

Can't believe nobody wrote down a license # an attached it to the damaged car/truck! Just don't understand anyone doing something like that in the first place! :mad:
It's amazing what a person can learn to live with. Some people have no morals or self respect, it's not theirs so it's not their problem.

beatle78

Post by beatle78 » Tue. Aug. 19, 2008 10:56 am

Thanks guys! I had NO idea I could get this fixed without paying the deductible!

Will it say that in my policy somewhere? I want to know what I'm talking about before I call my insurance company!

I hear ya. I backed into a car my LAST day of college and the owner wasn't home. I thought about leaving, but I couldn't live with my conscience! Left a note and they called me when they got home!

I only go to Home Cheapo to play with all the parts so I have a clue as to what I want. Then I leave and go to the plumbing and heating supply store.

EDIT: I just check my Policy and I have a $500 for Comprehensive.

"Comprehensive Coverage pays for damages to a vehicle due to fire, hail, theft, vandalism, or impact with an animal."

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”