Post by grumpy » Sat. Jul. 29, 2017 10:45 am

U.S. Coal Exports Soar Under President Trump

http://gcaptain.com/u-s-coal-exports-soar-under-president-trump/

coaledsweat
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by coaledsweat » Sat. Jul. 29, 2017 2:31 pm

Looks like they are going to run all those new electric cars on American coal. You can't make this stuff up! :lol:

grumpy

Post by grumpy » Sat. Jul. 29, 2017 9:26 pm

The tree huggers don't want nuke power or coal power, yet they want electric cars, go figure..

BunkerdCaddis
Stoker Coal Boiler: Bairmatic-Van Wert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Van Wert VW85H
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II working when I feel the desire, Waterford 105 out on vacation, Surdiac Gotha hiding somewhere
Coal Size/Type: pea/nut/rice/stove-anthracite, nut/stove bit when I feel the urge
Other Heating: oil fired hydronic

Post by BunkerdCaddis » Sat. Jul. 29, 2017 11:43 pm

grumpy wrote:The tree huggers don't want nuke power or coal power, yet they want electric cars, go figure..
Well you know why don't you? All that charge power comes from the outlet in the wall, just like milk comes from a bottle in the grocery store... :roll:

lsayre
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Lehigh Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13.5 KW), ComfortMax 75

Post by lsayre » Sun. Jul. 30, 2017 7:40 am

I thought there was something strange about this. You can only export more coal if there is more demand for it. But as soon as I read the article I realized that its title was only Trump click bait. The article immediately states that exports are up because (finally, after several years of depressed demand) international demand is back up. Although this is very good news, it has nothing to do with President Trump.

rberq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300 with hopper
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Anthracite Nut
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators (fuel oil); propane

Post by rberq » Sun. Jul. 30, 2017 11:05 am

lsayre wrote:... as soon as I read the article I realized that its title was only Trump click bait.
Thanks for pointing that out. Very true. Just as the low unemployment rate in this country is a continuation of the pre-Trump economic improvement trend. But all administrations claim credit for whatever good things happen .... if Trump tanks the economy like Bush did, then the next president will be blamed.

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sun. Jul. 30, 2017 6:55 pm

I would say that The Presidents efforts have definitely helped boost a battered coal economy. Damn shame the anti-Trump clones can't see the forest for the trees! :cry:

rberq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300 with hopper
Coal Size/Type: Blaschak Anthracite Nut
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators (fuel oil); propane

Post by rberq » Sun. Jul. 30, 2017 8:51 pm

freetown fred wrote:I would say that The Presidents efforts have definitely helped boost a battered coal economy. Damn shame the anti-Trump clones can't see the forest for the trees! :cry:
Trump's efforts have not hurt but don't appear to have helped. Coal jobs increased slightly more in the last few months of Obama's presidency than in the first few months of Trump's. So The President's efforts (Obama's) apparently helped.

When you ask, "Where is the additional coal going?", one of the answers is filling unexpected shortages in special metallurgy coal. Where it is NOT going is to the markets that have been taken over by cheaper natural gas. As the overall economy has continued to improve under both Obama and Trump, coal production has increased. The industry will likely stabilize at lower-than-historical levels, and continue to have ups and downs with the rest of the economy. Twittering has little to do with it.

samhill
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage

Post by samhill » Mon. Jul. 31, 2017 7:47 am

Soo now instead of digging holes we remove mountains & destroy ground water & streams without creating much more (if any) employment. Sell off our public lands to foreign concerns & encourage them to take all they want. Like all else that once seemed endless this to will end & we will be left with empty pockets & high costs for what little is left, the rich will be richer & you know the rest. ;) Just how much (or little) does our country gain (or lose) from selling our natural resources for the profit of a few?

lsayre

Post by lsayre » Mon. Jul. 31, 2017 7:59 am

samhill wrote:Just how much (or little) does our country gain (or lose) from selling our natural resources for the profit of a few?
I'm not sure about the country, but the Clinton's reportedly made $$ millions assisting some Russian business men in acquiring ownership of about 20% of our overall uranium reserves.

samhill

Post by samhill » Mon. Jul. 31, 2017 8:03 am

Typical, change from coal to uranium, just who got paid for the uranium & how much is/was allowed to leave the country? Did Hillary have sole say in the selling of it?

lsayre

Post by lsayre » Mon. Jul. 31, 2017 8:05 am

samhill wrote:Typical, change from coal to uranium, just who got paid for the uranium & how much is/was allowed to leave the country? Did Hillary have sole say in the selling of it?
The mines are here. Russians now own them. You are free to read all about the Clinton involvement. The internet is full of the details, down to the dollars they earned. I posted links to this a few weeks ago.

Your post above clearly stated "natural resources", and not coal. My response was directly to your post. No bait and switch here. Uranium is a natural resource.

samhill

Post by samhill » Mon. Jul. 31, 2017 8:16 am

The subject also says exports coal exports. There are plenty of stories on the internet & they are all true regardless of what they say, that is if you only believe what you want it to say, there is no truth but only alternative facts! :cry:
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/jun/ ... n-got-pai/
Not saying if this is true or not, just an alternative. ;)

lsayre

Post by lsayre » Mon. Jul. 31, 2017 8:25 am

samhill wrote: Not saying if this is true or not, just an alternative. ;)
Even your clearly apologetic "fact checking" source admits that 9 employees of the Russian company that now owns the uranium mines donated big money to the Clinton's and that the Clinton money/involvement here was "fishy". That's well more honesty than most of these apologetic organizations exhibit. But you are of course totally free to believe that ~$145 million funneled to the Clinton's was purely a mere coincidence.
Last edited by lsayre on Mon. Jul. 31, 2017 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

samhill

Post by samhill » Mon. Jul. 31, 2017 9:07 am

Isayre, show me where I have ever said not to allow big money in politics. You ignore the time lines & the fact that it was not only her decision but believe what you want. I'll spread the blame but also share the facts. Now lets get back to the big holes, pollution & eventual clean up costs!
If true how is it going to change the price for us domestic coal users?

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”