How Much Is in There?

General energy and coal related topics, news and basic information. If you do not know where to post your topic post it here.
windyhill4.2
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1960 EFM520 installed in truck box
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404 with variable blower
Coal Size/Type: 404-nut, 520 rice ,anthracite for both

Post Thu. Apr. 06, 2017 10:57 am

The "Tri-axle" truck with 4 axles is limited at 73,280# in Pa.
David **** John14:6 Jesus saith unto him,"I am the way.the truth,and the life;no man cometh unto the father,but by me." Wise men sought for Jesus when he was born,wise men still seek Jesus today. Seek & you shall find.

top top
Stove/Furnace Make: Alaska
Stove/Furnace Model: Kodiac Hand Fired with hopper.

Post Fri. Apr. 07, 2017 12:57 pm

Thanks Windy. I was just wondering how they square that with the bridge formula, which requires 46 feet for that weight. I know it must be legal or there wouldn't be a million of them on the road. The only exception I'm aware of is 40 ft trailers were grandfathered in with 36 feet required. I never drove a heavy single unit like a tri-axle, I was just curious. The northern states used to hit us with a frost law also. Not legal more than one mile from the interstate during the winter. A couple times I had to unload a machine at an off ramp and the customer drove it to his location. I've been away from that business a long time, so I'm sure things have changed.
Attachments
Bridge Formula.jpg

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”