Location of Stove in House

Buckrub

Post by Buckrub » Sat. May. 24, 2008 8:01 pm

Hello everyone.....looking at buying my first stoker stove and found Leisure Line just down the highway from me. From what I've read, folks seem to like this brand. My question: Does anyone have one of these Pioneer models in their living room? It seems to be my only logical upstairs location in my rancher. I presently have an EFM oil burner into my centrally located chimney. I'm leaning toward this Power Vent as I don't want the expense of an additional chimney. Will this stove roast me out of the living room or can I control it to heat the rest of the house evenly?

spc

Post by spc » Sat. May. 24, 2008 8:36 pm

Welcome Buckrub, I have a LL Pioneer in my living room & it has been great. Your home's floor plan will determine how well heat is distributed. I am heating a 2 story 1500 sf house, 1st floor where the stove is & 2nd floor bedrooms. I did run a return air duct from the furthest room (from the stove) on the 2nd floor back to the stove which creates a good air flow of warm air up through the stairway & I added a wall mounted fan to blow warm air from my living room to the kitchen/dining room. If you have an open floor plan heat distribution will be even easier. The coal-trol which comes standard on LL stoves will make heat control a breeze. Hope this helps & good luck.

gambler

Post by gambler » Sat. May. 24, 2008 9:39 pm

Buckrub, I have my LL Pioneer in my dining room which is on the first floor of my 2 story 2000sqft home and with the aid of a small fan in the dining room it heats my house very well. When it is really cold outside and my stove is stoking, the dining room is at 77 degrees, living room 73 and the bedrooms upstairs are 70 degrees. A lot depends on the floor plan of your house. My house has a fairly open floor plan. Depending on how long your house is, you will probably need to use a fan to get the heat to the farthest rooms. The fans on the stove will make some noise but they aren't too bad. I have my combustion fan pulling air from the outside and that makes it a lot quieter.

Buckrub

Post by Buckrub » Sun. May. 25, 2008 5:39 pm

Thank you for the advice. I'm gonna head down to the LL store and get one of these Pioneers. I have ceiling fans in every room. I wonder how these would move my heat running in reverse.

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”