Wilson and Paul Newman

joeq
Hand Fed Coal Stove: G111, Southard Robertson

Post by joeq » Sun. Jan. 01, 2017 1:31 pm

What do the 2 have in common? Hollywood.
While entertaining with some friends last night, my buddy showed me an episode of "American Pickers", and he spotted correctly our buddy Wilson, being "picked on" by that show. It was amazing, but not surprising to see them bartering back and forth, but I was disappointed they didn't focus on the stoves at all. I haven't heard anybody mention the show, (believe it was aired the beginning of Dec. episode 12) and apologize if you were looking to remain "secluded" Wilson, but you did a great job, and am glad the country got to recognize you. Congratulations, and I'll be looking forward to up coming episodes, when the stoves get to shine also. :)

joeq

Post by joeq » Sun. Jan. 01, 2017 6:03 pm

tumbleweed.jpg
.JPG | 3.2KB | tumbleweed.jpg
Yeah, yeah, yeah...I already know. The news is as old as the Titanic. Fred was kind enuff to inform me. :x
(but once again, congrats Wilson :) )

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sun. Jan. 01, 2017 6:06 pm

Never hurts to get something important back to the forefront my friend. Nice post! :)

grumpy

Post by grumpy » Sun. Jan. 01, 2017 6:35 pm

Pick it up at 13:30... watch almost to end of show when they say good bye.

SWPaDon
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1600M
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous
Other Heating: Oil furnace

Post by SWPaDon » Sun. Jan. 01, 2017 6:55 pm

Thanks for posting that, Grumpy. I wanted to see it after it was mentioned here on the forum, but I couldn't find it on Direct TV. Maybe that channel was part of the package I cancelled.

joeq

Post by joeq » Sun. Jan. 01, 2017 7:16 pm

Another thanks Grumpster, for people like me who are computer "declined" and not only couldn't find the episode, but wouldn't have a clue how to post it, as you did. Now all of us can simply "click" and watch. Life is good. And thank you Fred for straightening me out. :oops:

SWPaDon
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1600M
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous
Other Heating: Oil furnace

Post by SWPaDon » Sun. Jan. 01, 2017 7:30 pm

I'm glad you started this thread, Joe. Otherwise I wouldn't have gotten to see that episode.

joeq

Post by joeq » Sun. Jan. 01, 2017 8:04 pm

So Don, did you actually get to see Wilson? I hate to be the barer of bad news, but unless I'm missing something (which I usually am), that video says episode 13 and not 12. I skimmed through it which was about 40 mins, and didn't see Wilson. I just went back to it, and saw it at 13.30, like Grump posted. :oops: (again)
When I watched the episode at my buddies house, he didn't show me the beginning of the episode where they talked about the stoves. Glad you picked up on that grumpy. Good job, and thanks again
(What was the comment on people not wanting the antique stoves because they were too heavy? Really? My 111 doesn't seem to be near as heavy as the Surdiac was. Guess it's all relevant).

windyhill4.2
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1960 EFM520 installed in truck box
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Crane 404 with variable blower
Coal Size/Type: 404-nut, 520 rice ,anthracite for both

Post by windyhill4.2 » Sun. Jan. 01, 2017 8:24 pm

Well,such a jumbled up mess trying to listen to the people talk with the music blaring ,OR was I supposed to turn the sound off ??
I did lots of skipping to watch only Wilsons part since the music & talking was driving me towards skipping the whole thing. Don't anyone know how to talk anymore .. without music to fill in the silent spots between the words ??

Certainly enjoyed seeing a forum member & his line of work & even listen to him talk,Man do they ever talk funny up there !! Thanks for the tour Skip, even if you do talk funny. :P :)

freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Post by freetown fred » Sun. Jan. 01, 2017 8:40 pm

Thanx for findin that G. :)

grumpy

Post by grumpy » Sun. Jan. 01, 2017 8:44 pm

Your Welcome everyone, I try to contribute the best I can..

wilsons woodstoves
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood, Crawford, Magee, Herald, Others

Post by wilsons woodstoves » Tue. Jan. 03, 2017 9:08 am

joe the show is labeled concrete jungle 16 12, that shows more of the stove finials and a little more stove talk. but they do not buy stoves because they know very little about them, and as they stated and I agree they are heavy. you got to remember they are trying to put together a tv show first and a lot was left out. There was more talk about the history of stoves etc, that did not make the cut. Danyell wanted to buy the restored wings best, but robby told her it would be to much to haul home.but they have kept in touch and may have me ship a stove to Iowa. was fun and very interesting, wilson

joeq

Post by joeq » Tue. Jan. 03, 2017 4:56 pm

wilsons woodstoves wrote:joe the show is labeled concrete jungle 16 12, that shows more of the stove finials and a little more stove talk. but they do not buy stoves because they know very little about them, and as they stated and I agree they are heavy. you got to remember they are trying to put together a tv show first and a lot was left out. There was more talk about the history of stoves etc, that did not make the cut. Danyell wanted to buy the restored wings best, but robby told her it would be to much to haul home.but they have kept in touch and may have me ship a stove to Iowa. was fun and very interesting, wilson
I think it was a great opportunity to show the nation/(world?) how these stoves are still being utilized for more than just historical decorations. With so many still in abundance, especially with people like you and Emery saving them from extinction, hopefully more people will become interested. But then again, guess that'll just crank up the prices. Good in one way. Maybe not so much in others. And I still don't understand the concern over the weight. For what they do, and what they're worth, I don't see that being a hindrance. If they gave people like you the time to tell your stories, and share your knowledge on these antiques, I think they would regain popularity. It was still great seeing you on the tube. Maybe next time, we'll see you cruising in a souped up 66 big block, 4 speed Chevelle convertible! :junmp:

D-frost
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MK ll
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Yukon Eagle I (multi-fuel oil, wood/coal)
Baseburners & Antiques: Herald 'fireside oak'
Coal Size/Type: nut/stove-Blaschak/Lehigh

Post by D-frost » Tue. Jan. 03, 2017 5:12 pm

.......or an El Camino with a Quaker or Glenwood base burner in the bed, or a '56 Chevy panel delivery, or a '54 Chevy station wagon!!! The 'Good old days'! Bravo, Wilson!
Cheers

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”