Finally Coal Is Rollin!

corey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Buck Stove Hybrid
Coal Size/Type: Eastern KY bituminous

Post by corey » Sun. Dec. 04, 2016 8:25 pm

FB_IMG_1480900872928.jpg
.JPG | 76.1KB | FB_IMG_1480900872928.jpg
Finally coal is moving in far southwest VA. This is close to me McClure deep mine 41.

johnjoseph
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Other Heating: pellet stove, oil boiler

Post by johnjoseph » Sun. Dec. 04, 2016 9:15 pm

Great picture! Send me a car load. :D

corey

Post by corey » Mon. Dec. 05, 2016 7:51 am

I heard some is going to steel mills and of course the rest China...

fifthg
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: warm morning # 500
Baseburners & Antiques: Peninsular Western Hot Blast No.44K and Reading Foundry & Supply Co.

Post by fifthg » Mon. Dec. 05, 2016 8:05 am

India is the big market expected to develop for world coal producers.Trump will be a help for us to compete.

corey

Post by corey » Mon. Dec. 05, 2016 8:17 am

I don't agree with all the coal going overseas. I am hoping Trump helps industry in the US. We need it back and the coal drives it.

fifthg
Verified Business Rep.
Baseburners & Antiques: Peninsular Western Hot Blast No.44K and Reading Foundry & Supply Co.

Post by fifthg » Mon. Dec. 05, 2016 8:34 am

We are lucky to have something to export,and coal is what the US has in such abundance.We import so many goods,and coal can help us balance our world trading situation.Hopefully,China will increase their imports of our coal,too.I certainly hope we can increase domestic demand as well.

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Mon. Dec. 05, 2016 10:47 am

fifthg wrote:We are lucky to have something to export,and coal is what the US has in such abundance.We import so many goods,and coal can help us balance our world trading situation.Hopefully,China will increase their imports of our coal,too.I certainly hope we can increase domestic demand as well.
+1

According to this Gov data, our coal exports are down about half of what they were in 2012.
http://www.eia.gov/coal/production/quarterly/

With having one of the world's largest coal reserves, and mines shutting down for lack of demand, what I don't understand is why have we been importing coal ? :shock:

Paul

KingCoal
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 1 comforter stove works all iron coal box stove, seventies.
Baseburners & Antiques: 2014 DTS C17 Base Burner, GW #6, GW 113 formerly Sir Williams, maybe others at Pauliewog’s I’ve forgotten about
Coal Size/Type: Nut Anth.
Other Heating: none

Post by KingCoal » Mon. Dec. 05, 2016 12:24 pm

Sunny Boy wrote:
fifthg wrote:We are lucky to have something to export,and coal is what the US has in such abundance.We import so many goods,and coal can help us balance our world trading situation.Hopefully,China will increase their imports of our coal,too.I certainly hope we can increase domestic demand as well.
+1

According to this Gov data, our coal exports are down about half of what they were in 2012.

With having one of the world's largest coal reserves, and mines shutting down for lack of demand, what I don't understand is why have we been importing coal ? :shock:

Paul
Imperialism buddy.

go as far and wide as you have to and install agreeable leadership of nations in order to use up other continents natural resources before you use your own.

been the name of the game from the begining of this nation and of all other then world powers before that.

sad but enduring fact.

corey

Post by corey » Mon. Dec. 05, 2016 2:09 pm

+1

Paul[/quote]

Mines are opening back up now.

fifthg
Verified Business Rep.

Post by fifthg » Mon. Dec. 05, 2016 2:37 pm

This is what happens when a delicate balance ,established in a fairly free market,is upset completely by governmental interference.Producers have invested according to conditions that no longer exist.For example,the steam coal market(power plants) is under the heaviest bombardment,and the met coal market(steel mills)is under less pressure.Thus,there is a huge surplus of steam coal sitting around,which should be making cash flow for the miners.The domestic met coal market isn't all that strong,but there is some demand for export of that coal.There may,due to certain specifications of the coals,and often due to transportation expenses,be an opening for a coal in short supply domestically,then that coal is imported.The foreign producers are often subsidized,while your domestic producers are expected to compete with a ball and chain around their ankles.

Sunny Boy
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Anthracite Industrial, domestic hot water heater
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood range 208, # 6 base heater, 2 Modern Oak 118.
Coal Size/Type: Nuts !
Other Heating: Oil &electric plenum furnace

Post by Sunny Boy » Mon. Dec. 05, 2016 3:43 pm

corey wrote:+1

Paul
Mines are opening back up now.[/quote]
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Glad to hear it !

Been doin' my part to help. Couple of years ago, I doubled the size of my coal bin and I've ordered extra each year since. ;)

Paul

johnjoseph
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Other Heating: pellet stove, oil boiler

Post by johnjoseph » Mon. Dec. 05, 2016 5:40 pm

Anthracite is the most expensive and least abundant correct? Pennsylvania has the largest amount of anthracite in the USA? What mines are opening up?

coaledsweat
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by coaledsweat » Mon. Dec. 05, 2016 6:06 pm

johnjoseph wrote:Anthracite is the most expensive and least abundant correct? Pennsylvania has the largest amount of anthracite in the USA? What mines are opening up?
Pennsylvania has the largest amount in the world. IIRC, 80% of the world's anthracite in them thar hills

fifthg
Verified Business Rep.

Post by fifthg » Mon. Dec. 05, 2016 6:32 pm

Most valuable,highest carbon,and least abundant coal,for all practical purposes.The oldest,geologically.Has been found and developed in many countries in the last quarter century or so.China,S. Africa,Peru,N.and S.Korea,Vietnam ,just to name a few.British Columbia is developing the largest known,remaining reserve right now.It could be curtains for Pa. anthracite soon.

coaledsweat
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by coaledsweat » Mon. Dec. 05, 2016 6:47 pm

fifthg wrote:It could be curtains for Pa. anthracite soon.
Over 400 years of reserves in NEPA, it isn't going to bow out. It has a saviour, activated carbon which is used for water filtration is made from anthracite.

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”