Are We Doomed?

ad356

Post by ad356 » Sat. Oct. 08, 2016 6:22 pm

are we coal burners doomed if hillary gets elected? she has publicly stated that she wishes to shut down the coal mines. does that mean they will shut anthracite down as well? is she just more or less attacking bituminous coal? personally I don't care for her, and I hope she does not get elected. im am just afraid that if she does get elected I am not longer going to be able to heat my home with economical, reliable, and high BTU content anthracite coal. After using expensive, inefficient, and not so high BTU content wood pellets I find coal to be a blessing. its finally cheap to heat this 120 year old home. this year, coal actually became even cheaper. the price actually went down per ton, I was thrilled $40 less per ton. I ordered an extra ton, so I have roughly 5-3/4 ton on hand. I expect to burn around 4 ton. im heating this old plank home with $700 per year. I have a simple, solid keystoker 90K that will probably last me until I am an old man.

for some of that are not wealthy high BTU anthracite coal offers the very best choice in heating. its economical, reliable, and simple. wood pellets like allot other green energy solutions offer far more problems then good solutions.

i do not require the government to make my heating choices for me. I do not need government interfering with my personal life, already too much of that going on.

SWPaDon
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1600M
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous
Other Heating: Oil furnace

Post by SWPaDon » Sat. Oct. 08, 2016 6:41 pm

I beleive she was against coal before she was for it (after the coal miners started an uprising). And I doubt she knows the difference between Anthracite and Bituminous

coaledsweat
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Post by coaledsweat » Sat. Oct. 08, 2016 7:17 pm

Anthracite is used to make activated carbon for water filtration. They aren't going to stop mining it.

blrman07

Post by blrman07 » Sat. Oct. 08, 2016 7:19 pm

If there is a market someone will sell it.

grumpy

Post by grumpy » Sat. Oct. 08, 2016 7:24 pm

blrman07 wrote:If there is a market someone will sell it.
Sure, but that doesn't mean here in the US.

ad356

Post by ad356 » Sat. Oct. 08, 2016 7:56 pm

i cannot support that woman for any reason. is it time for a woman president, yes..... is it time for hillary NEVER. she's too corrupt. if you like barak obama and his policies then by all means vote for her because thats what your going to get. I recall he at one time also threatened the mines. so they want to take one of our nations most abundant resources, shut it down and replace it with what? wind mills? lol. green energy is a joke. the best solution is probably going to be to continue to work on making traditional fuel sources burn more cleanly. I cannot imagine that today's coal fired power plants are as dirty as plants were 20 years ago. the only think I can think of is that this is an intentional destruction of what jobs and industry we have left. I would hate to see all of those people with decent paying jobs in the mines end up working at walmart or fast food. im sure some of them actually want to be working at the mine, just like years ago there were people that wanted to work in the steel mills. it gives them the means to support their families so they arent working at walmart full time and still collecting food stamps.

just like I would hope I don't have the government telling me that I MUST change my heating source simply because they don't like it. anthracite is not a dirty source of heat. when my stove is running there are no visible emissions, in fact you would have no idea that I even have a coal stove unless you looked at the barrels on the front porch and saw the stove sitting in the living room. this is a heat monster totally blows the pellet stove away. NO COMPARISON

my only single regret is that I messed around with worthless wood pellets thinking they were somehow cheaper then gas. when I bought this house, I was going to burn wood. I was all set to go out and buy a new wood stove. I had the chimney inspected. I was told under no circumstances was I to use it. flue tiles cracked from the previous owner having intentional chimney fires. apparently this was the way he cleaned the chimney. so I decided to buy a pellet stove. what a mistake. the first pellet stove was from tractor supply. it was loud, it was a clinker monster (constantly problems with burnpot). I put up with that piece of junk for 2 years. got rid of useless stove #1. I went to a Harman P61.I was told by the dealer that it would heat my 120 home no problem. well when it got really cold it became apparent that it was not enough. I sold the Harman P61. I bought a keystoker last fall used off of craigslist. after doing some research I discovered the very low exhaust temperatures that these units produced. I was able to use my existing chimney without an expensive liner and no risk of chimney fires. I was impressed. knowing what I know now, I would not have wasted money on the two pellet stoves, they were both a gross waste of money. I would have bought the keystoker in the very beginning. had I known when I bought the house that the coal stove would be a great substitute for a wood stove on a questionable chimney I would have bought one brand new in the very beginning. what a great unit, simple and serviceable.

coalfan
Hand Fed Coal Stove: ds circultor1500 \chubby coal stove
Coal Size/Type: nut/ pea ant.some bit.
Other Heating: kerosene\cold nat. gas

Post by coalfan » Sat. Oct. 08, 2016 8:40 pm

she should not be aloud to run for office look at her corrupt past and investigations come on !!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

ad356

Post by ad356 » Sat. Oct. 08, 2016 10:35 pm

she's a terrible candidate the worst in our history. im sick and tired of the media propping her corrupt, morally bankrupt self up. awful human being, she was a terrible first lady, a terrible senator, and she would be worse then obama. people criticize trump and yes the man is not perfect. he actually admits that. he says and does dumb things. however given the choices I will have no choice but to vote for him come November 8th. I cannot and will not vote for someone that belongs in maximum security federal prison. I also do not need someone like her in office that believes the government should control the people. this country was founded on the principle that smaller government was the way it should be, a minimal amount of government in our lives. I do not need the government telling me what I can heat my home with, or that I am required to carry bad health insurance that wont cover anything unless I get extremely sick. you could literally pay for health insurance these days and not have it pay for anything for 20 years. go to an office visit, you must pay for the whole bill...... why even bother telling them you have insurance..... what good is going to do. cant afford health insurance, you are going to get taxed. out of work without a job at the moment even though you worked since you were old enough to work, too bad. which is my situation right now. I currently don't have a job, and im going to go to truck driving school going to get a CDL to get back on my feet. I refuse to work for XYZ temp service, which is what most of the jobs around here have gone to. at this moment I have no health insurance. I have no choice but to vote trump, a candidate that does not support garbage like NAFTA or TPP. not to mention one that does NOT wish to allow open borders allowing anyone and everyone into the country. that's a county without laws. what good are laws if you do not intend to enforce them. our forthfathers would be appalled with this nation's people considering her a president.

NEVER HILLARY

sorry for the rant lol

SWPaDon
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1600M
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous
Other Heating: Oil furnace

Post by SWPaDon » Sat. Oct. 08, 2016 11:07 pm

coaledsweat wrote:Anthracite is used to make activated carbon for water filtration. They aren't going to stop mining it.
And that right there could be the only thing that it is permitted to be used for under a Hillary presidency. Only time will tell though,

ad356

Post by ad356 » Sat. Oct. 08, 2016 11:37 pm

think about all of the people put out of work. not just people at the mines but people at great companies like keystoker which I believe has been around since 1946.... all for someone's dumb political agenda. anthracite is not the dirtiest fuel around, actually its one of the cleaner fuels around. I was really surprised when I bought this stove how cleanly it burns. no visible emissions, no black smoke out of chimney. this isnt like a steam locomotive. the perception is wrong on coal and the flawed thought perception that it all burns the same. they only similarity is that they both come from the ground. I really don't see how this woman would have enough power to tell us we must change our heating source. is she prepared to personally pay for all of us to unwillingly change our source of heat? suddenly my good running stove would no longer have value, except for scrap. is she willing to pay for my natural gas bill that it would take to heat a 120 year old home with limited insulation? what I heat my home with is my choice no one else's choice. if I want to heat my home with burning dog poop, im going to heat with burning dog poop.

there is also the safety factor. I feel much safer heating my home with this source. no worries of a natural gas explosion, no worries of a chimney fire either. I feel like these stoves are designed to last a lifetime. you cannot say that about a modern gas furnace. high efficiency furnaces are loaded with electronics, they will fail and you will have to replace them likely once a decade. these stoves are tanks of home heating, fueled by an efficient source of heat.

blrman07

Post by blrman07 » Sun. Oct. 09, 2016 5:59 am

grumpy wrote:
blrman07 wrote:If there is a market someone will sell it.
Sure, but that doesn't mean here in the US.
Suggest you study boot leg anthracite coal production during the Great Depression which was the lowest point for coal mining in history.

I repeat.....if there is a market someone will supply it. In spite of the government.

ad356

Post by ad356 » Sun. Oct. 09, 2016 9:36 am

if we have to resort to bootleg coal I really think the tree of liberty must be refreshed. Thomas Jefferson warned of individuals like Hillary that they would try to take away our rights. we have an absolute right to heat our homes as we see fit. of course this might be overblown, at one time we all thought obama was going to attack our way of heating, he did not. anthracite is a fairly small niche of the heating market, yet it does create a good amount of jobs. people working in the mines, people working at the stove manufactures, most of the products still honestly made in the USA.

there are other things going on too. I am a former cigarette smoker and I went to vaping about 5 years ago. vaping has come over heavy attack by the FDA. there is no logical reason for it, many esteemed medical research organizations have said vaping is around 95% safer then smoking cigarettes. is it 100% harm-free, probably not but its pretty close to harm free. the royal college of physicians has stated that they believe that its 95% safer then smoking. the royal college of physicians stated its 95% safer. the British have taken a much more logical approach. the FDA has deemed everything involving vaping a tobacco product, including liquid that does not contain a single drop of nicotine. such products that are zero nic soon will have to contain a label stating that this product was made from tobacco. there is absolutely no tobacco derived product in nicotine free liquids. PG, VG, and flavoring is all. even the nicotine containing liquid only contains a derivative product, the nicotine itself. nicotine also is found in eggplant, tomatoes, and potatoes but it is in such low concentrations it would take an un-reasonable amount for nicotine extraction. frankly it boils down the FDA wishing to protect big pharma, big tobacco, taxes generated from the master settlement agreement, and frankly there is allot of money to be made from the sick and dying. they also have a prohibitively expensive processes that all vapor products must go through called the PMTA. pre market tobacco application. such a processes would cost upwards of $1 millon dollars per sku. this whole government mess will put manufactures out of business, close retails outlets, and cost more jobs.

i have stockpiled:
16L of nicotine base
20 batteries brand new
180 sheets of cotton
several hundred feet of kanthal wire
several gallons of PG and VG

many items have other uses like kanthal wire, cotton, PG, VG, and batteries

the point of all of this is that im tired of having to deal with government interference in our lives. stay of out my life. I do not need to be controlled.

deepwoods
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93 & DS Machine Newstyle Champion
Coal Size/Type: nut (so far)
Other Heating: Ruud propane forced air system

Post by deepwoods » Sun. Oct. 09, 2016 7:07 pm

the point of all of this is that im tired of having to deal with government interference in our lives. stay of out my life. I do not need to be controlled.

Hill-a bag thinks otherwise and after Trumps last foo pa even though it is only 11 years old, she will win the election :(

ad356

Post by ad356 » Mon. Oct. 10, 2016 1:40 pm

i don't think its over for trump quite yet. Hillary is the spawn of the devil. nothing good about that woman. nothing good about her husband assault upon multiple woman, and then Hillary did everything in her power to ruin the woman he assaulted. the who thing is disgusting but people should view Hillary as a criminal and should be behind bars for the rest of her miserable life. but wait there is more..... there is the email thing, Benghazi, ect ect. that woman is just terrible. I say never hillary.

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Mon. Oct. 10, 2016 2:08 pm

Alas we have bred to many stupid people and allowed them to breed and collect welfare. I think you are right, this is not the first 200 year democracy that has failed.

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”