Breaking News!! - NEPA Coal Forum Members Buy Coal Mine.

EarthWindandFire
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Leisure Line Lil' Heater.
Other Heating: Oil Furnace and Kerosene Heaters.

Post by EarthWindandFire » Tue. Sep. 27, 2016 9:29 am

Who's in the market to buy a coal mine.?!?!

I would be interested in making such an investment as part of an LLC or Corporation. Fractional ownership can buy anything, including a coal mine!

Any coal mines for sale?

KingCoal
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 1 comforter stove works all iron coal box stove, seventies.
Baseburners & Antiques: 2014 DTS C17 Base Burner, GW #6, GW 113 formerly Sir Williams, maybe others at Pauliewog’s I’ve forgotten about
Coal Size/Type: Nut Anth.
Other Heating: none

Post by KingCoal » Tue. Sep. 27, 2016 10:32 am

EarthWindandFire wrote:Who's in the market to buy a coal mine.?!?!

I would be interested in making such an investment as part of an LLC or Corporation. Fractional ownership can buy anything, including a coal mine!

Any coal mines for sale?
i'm pretty simple so......i will need to be shown not only how that could be done but how any coal could be recovered under the current regulatory conditions.

steve

fifthg
Verified Business Rep.
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: warm morning # 500
Baseburners & Antiques: Peninsular Western Hot Blast No.44K and Reading Foundry & Supply Co.

Post by fifthg » Tue. Sep. 27, 2016 10:33 am

Interesting,maybe baffling post.How would you run a coal mine from Connecticut,what do you know about mining,and how much do you think coal mines cost?$50,000 to $50,000,000,I would say.Do you want a good one,I guess they cost more. :)

SWPaDon
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Clayton 1600M
Coal Size/Type: Bituminous
Other Heating: Oil furnace

Post by SWPaDon » Tue. Sep. 27, 2016 12:19 pm

EarthWindandFire wrote:Who's in the market to buy a coal mine.?!?!

Any coal mines for sale?
I know where there are a bunch of coal mines for sale. It's bituminous, and the mines cover 3/4's of the state of West Virginia. Obama has destroyed the coal industry.

coalnewbie
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL AnthraKing 180K, Pocono110K,KStokr 90K, DVC
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Invader 2
Baseburners & Antiques: Wings Best, Glenwood #8(x2) Herald 116x
Coal Size/Type: Rice,
Other Heating: Heating Oil CH, Toyotomi OM 22

Post by coalnewbie » Tue. Sep. 27, 2016 12:30 pm

I can't afford to buy in but I will give aged horse manure as a gift if I am allowed to drive big loaders and cranes. I love them toys.

Pacowy
Stoker Coal Boiler: H.B. Smith 350 Mills boiler/EFM 85R stoker
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/anthracite

Post by Pacowy » Tue. Sep. 27, 2016 12:49 pm

The administration's intent certainly has been anti-coal. I think a lot of the actual harm so far has been caused by NG prices that since 2008 generally have been low and declining relative to historical norms. The Clean Power Plan would have pushed the coal numbers down further, but its implementation has been halted by the Supreme Court pending judicial review.

Mike

fifthg
Verified Business Rep.
Baseburners & Antiques: Peninsular Western Hot Blast No.44K and Reading Foundry & Supply Co.

Post by fifthg » Tue. Sep. 27, 2016 12:55 pm

Look into buying shares in some of the still solvent mining companies.Research Westmoreland,for example.You do not want to get any deeper into mining than that.There is an interesting play in British Columbia,Canada.They are even proposing to buy into Pa Anthracite companies,for a foothold on their markets.The deal is seeking shareholder approval right now.I am considering Atrum Coal,an Australian mining co.,that is developing that B.C. mine now.They have a lot of headwinds to deal with, however.The mine under development is probably the largest remaining anthracite reserve known,in the world.If there was more anthracite available,there would be a huge market.Pa. Anthracite can't fill the order potential in today's regulatory environment.Very interesting.Very risky.Timeliness is a big factor.You can buy now,I don't know if you will find a buyer when you want to sell.Look up Atrum under stock symbol ATU.Risky,don't go too deep into your pocket.

gaw
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Post by gaw » Tue. Sep. 27, 2016 2:17 pm

Here is some reading material to get started. PA has it copyrighted so here is a link to the pdf.

http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/025/chapter86/025_0086.pdf

fifthg
Verified Business Rep.

Post by fifthg » Tue. Sep. 27, 2016 3:12 pm

gaw wrote:Here is some reading material to get started. PA has it copyrighted so here is a link to the pdf.

http://www.pacode.com/secure/data/025/chapter86/025_0086.pdf
Yikes! Actually,you will just pay a mining engineer 50 grand,give him a year to work on your permit papers,follow those regs,then submit your permit,pay a permit app fee,and then let DEP take 3 years to review and bust your nuts before they might tell you,NO!That's the easiest way out of the mining biz without losing any more.Coal should be $500 a ton.

deepwoods
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 50-93 & DS Machine Newstyle Champion
Coal Size/Type: nut (so far)
Other Heating: Ruud propane forced air system

Post by deepwoods » Wed. Sep. 28, 2016 3:54 pm

For those with the financial wherewithal, who are totally committed to burning anthracite, estimate the years you will need coal and buy it now because within a year after the hill-a-bag parks her fat arse in the oval office, she will put the finishing touches on the bummer's hate coal agenda. Coal will become unavailable or punishing taxes will be levied on it (for more windmills) making coal even more expensive than other "fossil fuels". Oh, further, you better keep your large pile of that nasty substance well hidden from prying greenie eyes lest you be cited for toxic runoff or some other eco-criminal charge they might cook up. :shock:

KingCoal
Hand Fed Coal Stove: 1 comforter stove works all iron coal box stove, seventies.
Baseburners & Antiques: 2014 DTS C17 Base Burner, GW #6, GW 113 formerly Sir Williams, maybe others at Pauliewog’s I’ve forgotten about
Coal Size/Type: Nut Anth.
Other Heating: none

Post by KingCoal » Wed. Sep. 28, 2016 4:17 pm

deepwoods wrote:For those with the financial wherewithal, who are totally committed to burning anthracite, estimate the years you will need coal and buy it now because within a year after the hill-a-bag parks her fat arse in the oval office, she will put the finishing touches on the bummer's hate coal agenda. Coal will become unavailable or punishing taxes will be levied on it (for more windmills) making coal even more expensive than other "fossil fuels". Oh, further, you better keep your large pile of that nasty substance well hidden from prying greenie eyes lest you be cited for toxic runoff or some other eco-criminal charge they might cook up. :shock:
+ 100 i'll be getting another 20 or so tons at the first chance.

RT Hauling
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: alaska stoker II
Hand Fed Coal Stove: florin foundry 810
Coal Size/Type: rice and pea

Post by RT Hauling » Thu. Sep. 29, 2016 6:18 pm

Around here I see a lot of 'Trump digs coal' signs in front of homes.

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”