Write Your Senators/Reps for Tax Credits

Devil505

Post by Devil505 » Sun. Apr. 20, 2008 10:25 am

How about this:

Why don't we all write our Reps & Senators to get a tax credit started on all solid fuel heating appliances & fuel until we get alternative "Green" heating sources online? Save this country allot of money we are presently sending overseas, create more American jobs & more incentive to buy American goods!
I just wrote mine!

Bob
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS 130
Coal Size/Type: Pea/Anthracite

Post by Bob » Sun. Apr. 20, 2008 5:40 pm

I suspect most members of this board already have their solid fuel appliances.

From a political perspective your suggestion poses a real dilemma for the politician--between concerns about carbon emissions (coal is higher than oil in carbon emissions) and concerns about dependence on foreign sources of energy.

If you really want to pursue it I suggest you might have better succes with the Pennsylvania legislature than the United States Congress.

Devil505

Post by Devil505 » Sun. Apr. 20, 2008 6:51 pm

Bob wrote:I suspect most members of this board already have their solid fuel appliances.

From a political perspective your suggestion poses a real dilemma for the politician--between concerns about carbon emissions (coal is higher than oil in carbon emissions) and concerns about dependence on foreign sources of energy.

If you really want to pursue it I suggest you might have better succes with the Pennsylvania legislature than the United States Congress.
Agree Bob but the Pennsylvania legislature can't grant a national tax credit. I'm sure it wont go through, but no harm in trying.
(It just makes sense from a job, trade balance & economic standpoint, as well as making us less oil dependent, imo)
As far as already having a coal stove, give me a credit & maybe I'll buy another!

Rob R.
Site Moderator
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Chubby Jr

Post by Rob R. » Sun. Apr. 27, 2008 8:19 am

shhhh. We don't want the government to know that anyone is still burning coal. If they catch on we'll get slapped with carbon taxes and need to install scrubbers on our chimneys.

Ok, I realize that is a little dramatic. But seriously, the only thing that will come out of getting the feds involved is more taxes and regulations.

Richard S.
Mayor
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Post by Richard S. » Sun. Apr. 27, 2008 8:28 am

markviii wrote: But seriously, the only thing that will come out of getting the feds involved is more taxes and regulations.
I'd agree, them and the state. The only tax on coal that I'm aware of is tax that is collected on all coal. It's used for various things like land reclamation.

Return to “Coal News & General Coal Discussions”